• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New gal

Started by nor-cal yote, July 08, 2013, 09:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
I picked this gal up on Sunday morning. I am 100% smitten with her. I know I should have posted in pick of the litter but that would have given it away.
never yell whoa in a horse race

bigben

Nice lookin pup. Lab?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nor-cal yote

Her dad is red heeler and her mom is border collie. First female dog I have ever owned. All my dogs have been males and have had a John Wayne name. So finding a name was fun. I went with Matti Ross.

FinsnFur

She'll be a bundle of Joy. Nice lookin dog. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Now you are a pick-up artist.  Nice work!

Jerry

Dave

She looks just like my half lab/half border collie when she was a pup.  I'll have to dig out a few old pics, and then some recent ones to let you know what she's gonna look like!
She's a good looking pup!!!

Dave

Found Matti Ross's look alike - Mein Shotze is the one on the bottom.

And too bad they get old.  She's only about 7 now, but she's already feeling the aches and pains in her back legs and hips. 

Rick Howard

Cute pup.  Dogs are the best. 
Formerly known as itzdirty

JohnP

You'll have to update us with pictures and stories of her escapades as she grows.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: nor-cal yote on July 08, 2013, 10:25:12 AM
All my dogs have been males and have had a John Wayne name. So finding a name was fun. I went with Matti Ross.

Great name.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nor-cal yote

Been on a fire in Ashland Mt. Since Tuesday. Sure do miss my pup. Had to drop her off at moms house. Got the fire wrapped up but they asked us to stay and fall hazardous trees along the roads from a fire that went through last summer. Ran 6 tanks of fuel through my saw today. I am tired.

FinsnFur

Quote from: nor-cal yote on July 12, 2013, 08:44:04 PM
Ran 6 tanks of fuel through my saw today. I am tired.

Holy cow, I can imagine you are :whew:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Six tanks of fuel would make me more than tired.  Heck, one tank of fuel would make me tired.

Jerry

JohnP

Just reading it made me tired.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nor-cal yote

Did 4 tanks today... still tired. Driving home in the morning. Get to pick up my pup! Then head back to West Yellowstone. About 10 hrs. driving tomorrow.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nor-cal yote on July 15, 2013, 08:59:15 PM
Then head back to West Yellowstone.

Say "Hi" to all the animals you see in the area.  You can also tell them that I wish I was there capturing images of them.

Jerry

nor-cal yote

Got to Helena and picked up Matti, then drove to West Yellowstone pull in the driveway cell starts ringing my boss. He asked if I am available for an assignment. I said yes I am available until hunting season starts. He said that we might be headed to Alaska. Doing laundry right know, and getting my gear in order. Would have liked to bounded with the pup a little more. No rest for the wicked.

FinsnFur

lol, that wasnt much of a break Chris.  :doh2: It's a good thing your young.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nor-cal yote

Young, only 42 but my crew gets younger every year. I am starting to get the video game kids. I mean that they were raised by a video game console. They get upset when there is no cell service. " I have to check my face book status" shut up and keep digging. Its more of a babysitting job than firefighting. I always tell them I had service over there and watch as they walk around with there phones in the air, I know its mean but it pleases me.

nor-cal yote

Dave those are some beautiful dogs. I couldn't see the pics when I was on assignment.