• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bad Weather

Started by JohnP, November 18, 2013, 09:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hope all is well with our FnF family that live in the storm area. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

slagmaker

All was well with me. But not far from me people had vehicals flying around.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

JohnP

Need to hear from Ed, Al and riverboss.  I think they all live in Ky.  Also Jerry and Glen and anyone else.  Pat everything OK in your place?

coyote101

We're good here John. The really bad weather passed north of us.  :whew:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

All is well here missed us by a few miles north and south :whew: My heart goes out to those who weren't so lucky.

Hawks Feather

Hi John,

Defiance, Ohio, where I lived just got some pretty strong winds and rain.  One tornado south of us and another northeast of use did some damage, but no deaths.  From what little I have seen on the news today (while eating lunch) it seems like Illinois got hit the hardest.  Current death toll that the news reported for Illinois was 7, but from the looks of the flattened houses it could have been much worse.  One of my daughters lives in northern Indiana and they were like us - wind and rain.  My oldest daughter is in Grand Rapids, Michigan and they don't have power, but the house is fine except for that.

Thanks for asking,

Jerry

KySongDog

Quote from: coyote101 on November 18, 2013, 09:45:57 AM
We're good here John. The really bad weather passed north of us.  :whew:

Pat

North of you is me.  :biggrin:   The local HAM radio guys were saying a tornado was spotted near Corydon, KY.  I did not hear of any damage though.

gravesco hunter

no damage here but across the river in brookport ill damaged or destroyed 50 mobile homes,i think there were 2 fatalities

FinsnFur

Just wind and rain here too. Everything went south....but then again everything usually does. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

This pic was taken about 15 miles west of me.  Tornado on the ground.

This was about 12 miles west of me.

A picnic awning wrapped around a tree

slagmaker

Glad you made it through unscathed
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Frogman

Wow, that was pretty close!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Thats kinda eery Semp. I'm glad you were on the end of the camera that you were.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

To be clear, I didn't TAKE the pics.  They were taken by locals.   I was under the bed hiding during it all.   :biggrin:

snafu

fwiw, if anyone ever decides to chase or spot for a tornado. Best not to view one out in front.
Even a small tornado. Wife & I did this some yrs back. No problem, except when the in-flow wind was suddenly upon us. About tipped our car over into the oncoming path of a small one. I waited a bit to long to stomp on the pedal. Thank God for Chevy V-8. Pucker factor 10.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Okanagan

Quote from: Semp on November 20, 2013, 06:06:37 AM
To be clear, I didn't TAKE the pics.  They were taken by locals.   I was under the bed hiding during it all.   :biggrin:

I'd be under there with you!

Yikes to this whole thread.

possumal

We didn't get any bad stuff in this part of Ky.. I just talked to Big Ed on the phone and he is o.k..  Now as for Okanagan and Semp being under the bed together,  :confused: I don't like that picture at all.  :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

I headed down to my sister's home in Putnam County (about 40 miles) and when I got about 5 miles outside of town I started noticing sheets of metal roofing like is used on barn roofs.  I saw a couple that were in one field and another couple that were blown back to the edge of the woods at the back of the field.  Then as I continued on I kept seeing more and more of them - all crinkled and rolled.  Over the next 5 miles I bet I saw 25 pieces like that.  I guess I never though about the wind spreading chunks of metal over that large of an area - especially since they were not listed as a tornado area.  As a kid I learned the power of a tornado when I went to help clean up the aftermath north of Lima where one went through.  We saw a piece of straw that had been shot through a tree limb that was about 6 inches thick.  Sticking out both sides of the limb.  All we could think of was that if it had been a person it would have gone right through them.

Jerry

Dave

Wow, those are some serious pics a little too close to home.  Glad everyone here seems to be ok unaffected.

JohnP

My sentiments exactly Dave.  I was a bit concerned about our redneck, hillbilly friends watching it on TV.