"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

snafu

snafu

snafu

snafu

Red pups are born with dark slate blue eyes. Their eyes turn amber after the 8th wk. Their fur is at full color by 12wks.

FinsnFur

Very cool pics. :congrats:
I really like the...is that a Golden Eagle?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Great pics!

Is the hairless tail on the fox in the first pic from mange or from freezing in cold maybe?

snafu

Not sure on the eagle. I'm not into knowing birds of prey.

As for the fox I suspect mange. Reason I say that is. I've seen hundreds of Red Fox. Never seen one with a froze dead tail. Also on the foxes R-hip. Looks like the fur is matted/clumped up. Another thing about Red Fox. Almost always they'll sleep in a hard shelter/( old den hole or culvert tube) during the day.  Versus spending the day sleeping out in the bitter cold. Their tails are well insulated.

Carolina Coyote

It is amazing what the Wildlife can live through and they have to get out every day and go get groceries, no food stamps, no government housing, no Obama Care.
It has to be a hard life. :bowingsmilie: cc
Good Pictures!

Dale

according to my National Geographic bird book it's a 3rd year Bald Eagle...

nice photo's...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nailbender

Nice pics Ev!  Looks like you have more snow over your way. 

Okanagan

Quote from: Dale on February 20, 2014, 11:35:51 AM
according to my National Geographic bird book it's a 3rd year Bald Eagle...

nice photo's...

Yep, looks like a young adult golden, in the latter stages of being a "spotted eagle" juvenile.  The first time I saw a spotted eagle I thought nobody would believe me but found out it was a young golden.  With wings spread in flight they are polka dot.  Have seen three since, and several mature adult goldens.  Balds are abundant here on the coast but golden's are usually inland and not really a lot of them anywhere I don't think, all the more kudos to your photo.

Great pic, looks like wind ruffling his head feathers.

snafu

Can't find a lion track to save my life, nailbender. They've up & disappeared  :confused: I've been hunting hard, most every day = 0 lion sign. Coyote pop is down, seen only 20 or so. I found a few tracks I'm sure are nomadic wolf tracks. One was alone the other was paired up. They were roaming the river corridor. Would love to lay eyes on them. But this Winter sucks for luck. Wished I was part Irish? Toting a rabbits foot just doesn't cut it  :eyebrownod:

nailbender

Wolves are probably from Wisconsin trying to escape the new hunting seasons. :shrug: Been a bad winter for trackers.  We didn't have any good snow cover until Jan 30th. And I had to work that day. :doh2: