• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Anyone get April Fooled?

Started by Dave, April 02, 2014, 04:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Dante tried a few things.
   1.  In the morning he scotch taped the handle on the water faucet sprayer and made sure it was pointed forward toward. Before doing so, he had to take off a ziploc bag that Barb had spread over it, trying to dry it out for re-use.  Well in 5 minutes he forgot he did this and went to rinse out his cereal bowl.  All over his sweatshirt!   :alscalls:  Barb and I didn't see it happen, so Dante went off to school thinking someone's still getting sprayed!  Barb saw the ziploc wasn't dried out and draped it back over the sprayer.  She then tried to put on the faucet and noticed all this water running through the ziploc and into the sink!  Barb had a good laugh.   :whew:  Close one!  He was mildly disappointed when he heard what happened.  Day wasn't over, though.
    2.  About 9 pm he pulls a paper out of his backpack and says "Mom, you're gonna need to sign this."  I said "Whoa. Give it to me.     What is it?"  He handed it over.  I glanced down expecting to see a test paper that needed to be signed.  It was a disciplinary note from his teacher saying he was caught cheating on his History test! My blood pressure shot up through my ears as I began angrily "DANTE, are you kidding me?"  I glanced further down and saw a special note to see back of paper.  At that point I knew I'd been had, and said "Ahh, man. April Fools, right?"  Well, somehow all this did not register with Barb (she was only 10 ft away, but was preoccupied with washing out a pot).  "Here Barb, you need to see this - and sign it."  She had the same reaction as I did - heart sinks in disappointment as the blood pressure ignites your anger.  I was smiling at this point and Dante was trying to muffle his laughter.  All this stoked things up and Dante couldn't hold back - "Mom, mom, mom - look further down where it says to look on the back!"     She said "What? Is this an April Fools joke?"  Needless to say, she laughed a laugh of relief.
      At this point I HAD to do something back and quietly scrambled upstairs to short sheet his bed.  To my disappointment, he only sleeps under a quilted comforter, and there was no sheet over his bedspread.  Oh well - off to Sarah's room.  I quickly stripped off the three layers of quilts and blankets to get to the sheet.  I tucked the bottom half of her sheet across the top and up under her five pillows.  Then I spread it toward the bottom of the bed, folding it about halfway down, and then back towards the top, just shy of her pillows. Threw down her blankets and quilts and turned down the corner to make it look fresh and inviting.                       Not sure how it all worked out as I then went to bed.   :big grin:

Anyone else get fooled yesterday?

FinsnFur

Man you guys had a busy day :alscalls: :alscalls:
Nothing to the same extent you guys had but, I was off work yesterday and me and Katie decided to lock the door like we never left the house all day and pretended we were sleeping in the living room when Kristee came home from school.
She walked up to the door, unlocked it and stepped in. She seen Katie on the couch sleeping, and me fast asleep in the recliner so she makes her way upstairs to her room.
Katie and I slowly lift our heads to make sure she was gone and then we begin silently celebrating with gestures and charade like motions. Only to turn around and discover Kristee tiptoed back down the steps during this and was behind us with her arms folded and her eyebrows high on her face watching, as if to say, "did you really think you got me with that?"
lmao...busted.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Pretty calm around here but the University of Findlay had a pretty good one on Youtube.  Findlay city is about 18,000 people and the University takes about three blocks of the town.

FinsnFur

They act like they have done that before Jerry :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com