• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

For Mr. JohnP

Started by Okanagan, June 27, 2014, 07:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

What my sister had waiting for me at her house in the desert.  It was brewed tea rather than sun tea but she had just come home from work and wanted it soon.

She also made homemade egg noodles cooked in a cannibal size pot with chicken.  It is our grandmother's recipe and if you happen to love it, as I do, it is a special treat.  I pigged out all last weekend on the four gallon pot of it that she cooked.  Lots of chicken down in there.

coyote101

If John gets some, then I want some too.  ;yes;

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

HuntnCarve

Out here in PA Dutch Country that would be called "Pot Pie".  It would have chunks of potato in there too.  One of my favorite dishes.  That looks so good!

Dave

JohnP

That looks so good I ain't sharing!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

Wouldn't that be a nice meal to have waiting for you at camp after a hard day's hunt? Yummy!
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Dave

That looks incredible.  And, it's good to see that salad in there - it offsets the calories consumed in the egg noodle soup.   :congrats:

Dale

oh my that looks incredible... my favorite thing to do is the day after you eat your fill fresh, take a large black iron skillet and load it up with pot pie and a bit of bacon grease and fry it off till it's browned through... a dash of hot sauce and you'll think you died and went to heaven...    ;yes;
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Okanagan

Quote from: Dale on June 28, 2014, 03:35:00 PM
oh my that looks incredible... my favorite thing to do is the day after you eat your fill fresh, take a large black iron skillet and load it up with pot pie and a bit of bacon grease and fry it off till it's browned through... a dash of hot sauce and you'll think you died and went to heaven...    ;yes;

Thanks.  I gotta try that!  Like stew, this egg noodle & chicken concoction gets better every day till it is gone.