• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Need some input...

Started by Coulter, July 16, 2014, 09:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Need some thoughts from you guys on this...

My guys are chomping at the bit to make some North Bay videos, instructional for right now. We'll work on other stuff later when the seasons open back up. The plan is to make a video for each call that North Bay offers and how to use it. We'll likely include some tips, tricks, and strategies in the video. Any ideas, suggestions, comments, or otherwise on what you guys would like to see as customers in an instructional video?

One thing we WILL NOT be doing is making any sort of "bang-flop" videos...the market is already flooded with those. Just my opinion here, but if you're not learning something from watching a video, why watch it? :confused: :shrug:

Steve

gravesco hunter

From following your past post I would say you have been making calls and hunting long enough to know exactly what you need to do and I am sure it will come out great. Looks like you already know what you don't want to do. good luck

Frogman

Sounds good!  I would like to see how you choose your setup location on successful hunts.  How do you decide where to set up.   How do you decide which direction to face to allow yourself the best chance for the coyote to show up in front of your gun? 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Okanagan

Quote from: Frogman on July 17, 2014, 07:58:41 PM
Sounds good!  I would like to see how you choose your setup location on successful hunts.  How do you decide where to set up.   How do you decide which direction to face to allow yourself the best chance for the coyote to show up in front of your gun? 

Jim

Yep, these are the right questions.

Coulter

Thanks guys...keep the input coming. We're hoping to get some general call use instruction for starts. Then once the season opens up we'll start getting more field footage. I'll keep your suggestions in mind Jim.

nailbender

The worst, and most common mistake I see new guys make is too much noise approaching the stand. Sound carries a long way outdoors and humans are terribly noisy creatures.

riverboss

The biggest thing to me is not knowing the lay of the land. I almost always use google maps for my scouting and hunt were i can see are the best areas my first time out and then check out the rest while im hunting. I dont like just scouting trips on foot i feel it puts your scent out when not needed.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

snafu

Quote from: nailbender on July 18, 2014, 11:59:44 AM
The worst, and most common mistake I see new guys make is too much noise approaching the stand. Sound carries a long way outdoors and humans are terribly noisy creatures.

Bingo! that & staying hidden on the way in to a stand. Some guys lumber into a stand like a cow wearing a bell. Most coyotes, most often are constantly panning around. Some hunters are clueless. Best to stealth in like a stalking cat.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"