• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

fancy call contest

Started by quackerstacker, April 05, 2007, 10:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackerstacker

predator call division??????    i need feedback on what you fellas would want in a contest. rules, divisions, classes? i dont know what to ask for at the ccaa meeting without your feedback. will probably have to start off small and expand as it grows. if there isnt enough interest this will probably flop im doing this for you guys, this is your chance to be heard. if you would like to view the existing rules for the contest go to www.ccaacalls.org

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

FinsnFur

I thought this got hashed out once and they didnt want to take the time to include Predator Call makers?

The fancy call contest rules was even discussed some at the same time. The rules listed on the site have an edited date of January 07  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Jim, that was the Guild - bunch of prissy turkey call makers who think they are gods gift to call making.   This is the CCAA - at least they have some common sense.

Steve, I wrote a draft of rules for field calls for the Guild - they have no use for it, so feel free to use it. 

Here is the link to the thread

http://finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=1713.0

By the way, the Chairman of the Guild, who said that the Guild did not have any bylaws, and did not need any bylaws was wrong.  They DO have some by llaws.

Here are coupld of Key Points from that document

1)  Officers of the Guild are elected for LIFE

2) The BOD electes the new BOD and members of the BOD can serve Consecutive Terms

3)  Members have NO VOTING RIGHTS  (which means members do not get to vote for the BOD or officer  - or anything else the Guild wants to do - the BOD has the first, last and only say)

Might have been better if they had just kept their mouths shut.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
former member of the good old boys club better known as the Custom Call Maker and Collectors Guild

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

HuntnCarve

Steve,

In looking at the rules posted there.  They have a size restriction on Predator calls of no more than six inches?  This would eliminate howlers, and such?  Is this written in stone?
Dave

FinsnFur

Ahhhhhhh, thanks Al. Maybe I better set up and pay attention.  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

'tis OK Boss -

The Guild took the draft of the rules I wrote, and added one section of thier Field Call rules to include waterfowl calls - duck and goose -

Predator calls are listed now as "Locator Calls with Deer and Moose Calls"

When you have 8 catagories for box calls, 5 or 6 for pot calls, 7 or 8 for yelpers, there isn't much room for anyone else I guess LOL.

Well, can't blame a guy for trying  -

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

studabaka

Here is an 'out of school' comment....

It seems to me that if they were serious about including predator calls that they should bother to care about what they really are, in all their forms, and not nich them into some little foot note. I just don't see how an approach like that does anything to move the ball forward or raise the bar in the predator call arena. Kinda like a country boy having to dress like a preppie to attend a frat party..... what's the point and would ya really enjoy yourself anyway?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

THO Game Calls

You're right of course Stu - Time to let the guild die it's own death. 

My apologies to the board for my ranting and raving  -  but I did try to give it a shot with them LOL

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

MattS

I can understand that you will never get recognition if the attempt is not made to get in the door.  But it seems like they are just throwing predator calls in the back of the class to get everyone to shut up and leave them alone.

studabaka

My experience is that recognition is like fishing...... the best comes when ya ain't lookin or expecting it. If that guild thing is about recognition, best let it be and when it bothers to get it's head out of it's..   :wo:  ... and look around it will notice the amazing talent and craftsmanship it's missing. Now, if ya were ta tell me that it was about enjoying fellowship with others who enjoy a similar craft then I would tell ya to have at it..... from the posts, it just don't feel like that..... but again, I'm not really qualified to say..... I'm just spit balling here  :eyebrow:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff