• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

CHECK IN

Started by msmith, August 23, 2014, 07:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

It's been a while. I didn't realize how long til I got to thinkin' about it. Due to some issues when my son returned from Afghanistan culminated with the company I work for being bought out, then shortly thereafter the wife got stage 4 lymphoma, I pretty much dropped of the net other than perusing Facebook occasionally.

Thought about this place and you guys quite a bit. Kinda like church, once I was gone I just never popped back in. No particular reason, 'cause I like it here. Like the new look too Jim.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FinsnFur

Welcome back Mike. Definitely good to see ya. Tell your son he doesn't go unrecognized and I thank him from the bottom of my heart. :wink:

Sorry to hear about the misses. Hows she fairing now considering?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Mike,  you've been through the grinding mill it sounds like.  Good to see your post.

This is the best site on the net IMO, way more building up than tearing down.   We enjoy relaxed yarning and insights from mighty fine men (and women!).   Welcome home.  Hope it lifts you.

slagmaker

sorry to hear about your troubles. Good lord willing there will be a light at the end of it all.

Glad to see ya posting in here again. We are in need of some new stories. of course seasons are about to open up around the country so it might start to get fairly interesting again.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Frogman

Hey Mike, good to see you here!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Frogman

Hey Mike, good to see you here!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

msmith

Thanks, good to be back!

The son had a rough time in Afghanistan. This was his second tour in the sandbox. The way I understand it, this deployment was really hot. He fared well physically, but he was a bit messed up when he came home. Really cause tension between him and me. We didn't speak for a year. I backed off and let him have his space, figured he knew I was there for him and he would come by when the time was right. We are on good terms again.

The wife is doing great. Last two PET scans were good. The lymphoma responded well. We thank God everyday for that.

I have been thinking a lot of everyone on here for some time. Especially JohnP when I see all that's going on in the South West.

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

HaMeR

It's great to have you back for sure Mike!!  I wish you & your entire Family the absolute very best!! Take care & stop by when you can.

I give you a free pass on your absence for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Welcome Back Mike, Good to hear you and your son back on good terms, Hope he is doing well Thank him for his service.  :bowingsmilie: cc

FOsteology

Glad to have you back. Sorry to hear of the trouble your family has endured, but sounds like things are turning around for the better. Tell your son I thank him for his service.

Hawks Feather

Good to see you posting again and I am very sorry to learn of the problems your family has had.  Seems like everything is headed in a good direction now and I hope it keeps going that way.

Jerry

coyote101

Good to have you back Mike. God bless you and your family.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

msmith

Hey guys! I really appreciate all of the well wishes. I didn't mean to sound like a pessimist at all, because when it comes down to it, I have a great wife, great kids that I am proud of, and a good job. Compared to some other people, I really haven't had any problems, just a few distractions that hit at about the same time. Nothin' that time wouldn't fix.

That's what I like about this place and the members...they have a genuine concern for people. God bless!
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FinsnFur

Quote from: msmith on August 25, 2014, 08:36:13 PM
That's what I like about this place and the members...they have a genuine concern for people. God bless!

;yes; I can attest to that! Been there
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com