• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

So what's it take to get a home made boat titled in WV?

Started by msmith, August 26, 2014, 08:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

A trip to the DMV and twenty minutes. No kidding. Showed up at about 3:15 and was back at the truck by 3:38. The employees were right with it even though they raised an eyebrow "you built a boat?" "Yah" "Interesting"

I showed up with a folder. In it was;

Two pictures. A frontal and a side view of the boat. I printed them on the same 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.

A VIN verification filled out by local LE. Simply for them to say that there wasn't a VIN because it was home built. This time someone actually showed up. I think they wanted to see it out of curiosity.

An affidavit of builder. Simply an affidavit saying I built it, the materials used, where I purchased them, and cost. I guessed and approximated everything. They didn't even read it.

An application for a title.

All of the forms are available on the WV DMV website.

I posted this because when I searched the web for info, there wasn't anything, nothing, zilch. I figure someone might stumble on this and see how simple it is and get started in the right direction or have his ducks in a row so he doesn't have to make multiple trips to the DMV.

Anyway, barring any catastrophic events or inclement weather, looks like the Big Dawg may get to be the Skipper this weekend.  :biggrin:

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

KySongDog

Quote from: msmith on August 26, 2014, 08:42:50 PM
Anyway, barring any catastrophic events or inclement weather, looks like the Big Dawg may get to be the Skipper this weekend.  :biggrin:

Don't forget life jackets and an electric sump pump!      :alscalls:

Also, we need pics too.   :readthis:

FinsnFur

A bilge pump LOL
I doubt you'll need one. Pretty impressive for sure.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Glad to hear that you are one step closer to your first launch.  Seems like your research ahead of time paid off.

Jerry

msmith

I don't know Jerry. My research didn't include a bilge pump.  :readthis:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI