• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

combat fishing vs solitude: pictures worth a thousand words

Started by Okanagan, August 30, 2014, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Same river about three miles apart.  The line of fishermen photo was taken yesterday morning about sunrise, a Friday morning.  I can't imagine what the crowd will be like there today, Saturday morning of a three day weekend.  The kayak pic was taken two days before at midday.

HuntnCarve

Heck!  There's plenty of room in between those folks.  You have to fish opening day of Trout here in PA on some spots to really appreciate the term "elbow room".  :laf:
The opening hour here is 8:00 Am first day.  Usually some rambunctious fisherman casts in early to the dismay of all the others lined up on the stream bank.  Someone will holler "Hey! Get that line out of the water!"....All of a sudden the fisherman's rod tip bends from the jolt of trout being hooked...Next thing you know there is a veritable "rainbow" of lines up the creek bank casting in.  :alscalls:  "The Opening day panic" has begun. :laf:

Dave

msmith

Not near as bad around here as trout is year round. Around the holidays though, such as Easter, it can get kinda crowded. Then it's time to hike a couple of hours and get in where no one else goes. It's amazing how much more beautiful the rivers and streams are where very few care to trod.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FinsnFur

:nono:  I have never fished in conditions like that, and I honestly hope I never have too. If I see one person shore fishing where I'm heading, I turn around and go elsewhere.
I fish to get away from people, and enjoy peace n quiet, it's my serenity. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 30, 2014, 09:24:47 PM
:nono:  I have never fished in conditions like that, and I honestly hope I never have too. If I see one person shore fishing where I'm heading, I turn around and go elsewhere.
I fish to get away from people, and enjoy peace n quiet, it's my serenity. :wink:

+100,000,000,000,000,000

I totally agree. Looks like the enjoyment of fishing would be completely taken away. However the second pic I could easily see myself enjoying. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

Sort of looks like Walmart on Black Friday.   Not for me.   I like the idea of the get away from it all kayak trip though. 

msmith

Quote from: Semp on August 31, 2014, 06:28:20 AM
Sort of looks like Walmart on Black Friday.   Not for me.   I like the idea of the get away from it all kayak trip though.

Me either. I don't see how the elbow to elbow fishing could be fun at all. These guys and their yaks have me thinking that one of those just may be in my future for solo fishing. Looks like a lot of fun.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Hawks Feather

Looks a lot like the walleye run in the Maumee river.

Jerry