• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Badger

Started by snafu, October 02, 2014, 07:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Like others here I have been enjoying your images of animals.  While I know that equipment doesn't make the photographer, I have to ask what you are using.

Thanks,

Jerry

snafu

Glad you all enjoyed these pics. I've always been interested in predator behavior. In my latter even yrs moreso. I haven't fired a shot in 3yrs. Just observed what I could. When I was young it was all about the kill. Get on it do it now. I await the 1st snow to get back to lion hunting. I'm chomping at the bit. From the recent sightings I've heard about. Appears their pop has risen some. My day draweth near...I hope  :biggrin:

Some yrs back during a snow covered January day. I spotted a pr of coyotes 1/2 mile away. It became obvious to me the female was wanting to get bred. From watching her behaviors. One of my Bro's who was with me. Said, "Lets get them" I said, "Lets just wait awhile & watch". He looked at me like what the heck? We watched them interact for a good 1/2 hr. Then we moved on. Bro was irritated with me. Oh well.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

snafu

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 04, 2014, 07:42:00 AM
Like others here I have been enjoying your images of animals.  While I know that equipment doesn't make the photographer, I have to ask what you are using.

Thanks,

Jerry

Panasonic DMC-FZ70, Jerry. It has a fixed 60x optical zoom. It's been a good hunting camera so far.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

nastygunz

And forearms like Popeye!

Quote from: Dave on October 04, 2014, 07:18:05 AM
Quote from: Okanagan on October 03, 2014, 09:38:42 AM
Yep, you are an excellent photographer of animals in ways that show behavior, and an unusually inquisitive observer.  Details in the pics and sequence are outstanding.
Couldn't agree more. I've come back to look at this post at least half a dozen times. Can't believe the size of the young male's claws in the second to last pic. Looks like a devil.

nailbender

:laf: :alscalls:LOL  Riverboss!  With most catches one shot dispatch is the rule. With badgers it's three shots just to be sure! You don't want a live one in the back of your truck. :holdon:

riverboss

I found that out for sure!! LOL. That sucker sure would of put a hurtin on me. The fellow with me laughed so hard he was crying. Said he didnt know a fat man could run and climb over something so fast. LOL.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

msmith

Love the pics and the comments. They are some nasty lookin' critters for sure. What's interesting to me is, I grew up in a holler named Badger Run...never have seen a badger.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI