• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lyme disease

Started by vayotehowler, October 02, 2014, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

i was wondering with all the hunters here if any one else has been diagnosed with lyme, or chronic Lyme. I got my diagnosis in May. Chronic Lyme... Doc says have had about 7-8 years and no symptoms.... It sucks my memory is fried, losing hair. And thyroid issues... It sux, check and protect yourselves...

FinsnFur

Not I thankfully. I feel bad for you. I have a buddy whos brother contracted lymes disease back in the 70's before they knew what it was or how to treat it. He made it through but he was a wreck. Today his only visible side effect is the fact that his vision was trashed. He wears glasses thicker then a slice of bread...and still cant see.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Feel for you.  Hope they can treat it.

VA has the highest rate of Lyme Disease in the US I've heard.  We have friends there and the whole family has it.  Bad, bad stuff that is infecting more people every year, its own epidemic.  I am concerned about my grandkids in PA and am concerned about getting it myself when I'm on the East Coast.

bambam

No diagnosis yet but I've had to take antibiotic 3 different times for tick bites. Several of my friends have been diagnosed with it, but luckily it was caught early. Good luck to you.

riverboss

Man i feel for you! Horable disease. I have fibramyilga it effect the joints like ive heard lyms does somedays you just want to stay in bed for the pain. I sure hope they can help you manage to live a productive life .

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Dave

It's very prevalent around here and gets treated quickly if there's a possibility of it's presence.  My mom, two brothers and four nieces and nephews have had it (two multiple times), have taken the antibiotics and are now ok.  Like mentioned above, need to catch it early to halt the damage it can do to your body.

Dale

I had it several years back but caught it at it's onset and nipped it in the bud quickly... there has been no permanent damage that I know of...

I did have a friend I worked with who had it for years before they found it... treated him for all kinds of ailments, till he changed Dr's and they finally tested for Lyme and found he was ate up with it... to this day he's not been able to work and has a multitude of problems...  not a disease to be taken lightly...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

vayotehowler

Thanks for the well wishes.I have no joint issues, thyroid can't think explosive outburst fatigue... Today was opening day archery and got up 515 and went back to bed. Dr says have probably had 8 years. A lot of people say no such thing as chronic Lyme... Their wrong. Good watch is under our skin. It is expensive to treat. All Medes and dr out of network. I can't remember stuff and sense of smell and taste almost gone...sux