• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Little horn project

Started by MattS, April 07, 2007, 11:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattS

This is a little cow horn howler project I have been working on for someone.  He asked me to make him one and the only thing he said he wanted was a wood tone board.  I asked him if I could try out a couple things I have been wanting to do and he said go for it.  Don't you just love to hear that.  I picked out a horn that stood out and went to it.  I put a piece of coco on the end and took the rest of that blank and made a cap for it.  I made the tone board out of blackwood.  I remembered some replies to a howler I put up a while back about having a lanyard for these made into more of a sling style and thought that was a great idea, so I went that route.  I made this sling with the braiding instructions from Al. (Thanks Al).  And tied it all together with a couple pieces of elk.  That about wraps it up.  What do y'all think?

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Brad H

Very crafty, Matt.

I like the stitch job around the bell. That's a clever idea.

Overall a very nicely built outfit. Two thumbs up.

Brad

keekee

Very nice looking howler there Matt! :eyebrownod:

Brent

Todd Rahm

Yes, very nice Matt........................and very nice new look too a  howler.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Super job.

FinsnFur

Pretty clever. I like the reed cover and matching end  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Matt,

Great looking horn and lanyard.

Jerry

Arkyyoter

HaMeR

Somebody sure got lucky on this one. That is one of the nicest/neatest things I've seen posted in a while. Way cool for sure. :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

rjl54

Very good!  A lot of work went into that.   :congrats:

vvarmitr

Excellent job Matt! :bowingsmilie:
All the new consepts (to me anyways) I have to keep going back & look at it again ... excuse me I'm going to go look at it some more. :wink: :laf:

nailbender

I agree with Arky.    Coooool !

MattS

Thanks for all your kind words.  This was the first time I have gone this far on something like this and I will change things up a bit the next time.  There was a couple "wish I would have" when getting this all together.  Hopefully when I get caught up on other calls I will start another one soon.

Thanks Again