• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

College football playoffs are set!

Started by nailbender, December 07, 2014, 01:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

And I've one thing to say;

ROLL TIDE!! :yoyo: :yoyo:

possumal

Yeah, Roll Tide is right, especially over those Buckeyes.  Looks like they need a 8 team playoff though to be fair to all the teams.  I can't figure what TCU did to deserve being dropped from 3rd to 6th in about a week. :shrug:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Any system will be flawed until they remove the human emotion. Plain & simple.

possumal-- TCU did nothing to render themselves a 6th place finish. It was all done to them by the Big12 conference. The rules are there has to be a clear cut division champion & they tied with Baylor for the Big12 championship. Plus TCU lost to Baylor in October 61-58 which meant that Baylor was the Big12 champion anyhow by the tiebreaker rule. The Big12 commish decided in his infinite wisdom that there would be 2 Big12 co-champions & pushed BOTH teams out of the playoff. The Big 12 has to have a championship game & that would have been as exciting a game as the 1st one they played in October.

I believe either of those teams should have replaced Fla St as well.

Plus Ohio State made a very strong case with their impressive win. That should be a good game too.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

I already knew that info about TCU and Baylor but it still comes across as a weak excuse to cut both those teams out. I am all for getting Florida State beat, but nobody has done it yet so I don't see how you could cut them out of any playoff.  Roll Tide!
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Well on the other side...

Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!      Go Bucks!

I do think that Alabama will be very difficult to beat, but if OSU plays like they did against Wisconsin I think it will be an excellent game to watch.

Jerry

HaMeR

TCU technically couldn't make it without a Baylor loss. There had to be a clear cut league champion. The Big12 commissioner wouldn't declare a champion so they left them both out & rightfully so. Sorry it's just the way it is. So Baylor could have beaten out OSU IF they would have had one of their normal blowouts. But not having a game like they normally do actually hurt them.

They still need to let the computers decide as they have no emotions & only calculate data. But the MONEY will never allow that to happen. The NCAA is a money whore & so are the people on the playoff panel. They want their millions too.

And controversy/chaos will always remain because that sells more TV time than the actual games.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all that made it & I hope all 3 games are played with the usual starters & no serious injuries!!!!!!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Quote from: possumal on December 09, 2014, 10:44:14 AM
Go Bucks?  Who are the Bucks?

:nofgr:    Nice try, but true Buckeye fans are beyond being baited. 

Jerry

possumal

I knew that Ohio State Buckeyes were going to play Alabama, but I didn't know who the Bucks were. After the Buckeyes play Alabama, maybe they'll be called Bucks.  :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

msmith

I thought that buckeyes were worthless nuts?  :shrug:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Dale

THEY'LL BE DOES AFTER BAMA CASTRATES THEM...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nailbender

Ohio was definitely impressive against Wisconsin who had been stompin' everyone in the neighborhood. We'll just have to see what happens at the Big Show.    ROLL TIDE! :yoyo: :laf:

possumal

The Buckeyes can run but the Buckeyes can't hide
They'll get steamrolled by the great Crimson Tide
Their down will be up and their up will be down
And all their fans will be wearing a big frown   

Roll Tide!
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nailbender

Hawks Feather

Quote from: possumal on December 10, 2014, 06:18:58 PM
The Buckeyes can run but the Buckeyes can't hide
They'll get steamrolled by the great Crimson Tide
Their down will be up and their up will be down
And all their fans will be wearing a big frown   

Roll Tide!

I know that the Buckeyes (Ohio State) will play Alabama, but who is the Crimson Tide?

:iroll:

nailbender

possumal

Alabama is widely known as the Crimson Tide
Their fans call them that with fearsome pride
The Ohio State Buckeyes are just worthless nuts
Beaten by the Tide with no ifs, and, or buts

Roll Tide! :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Dale

I didn't realize we had a resident purveyor of prose in house, but Al, you are hitting a good lick...   :thumb2:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Hawks Feather

Hum, I am waiting for some people to eat some CROW!  While I am not sure about the next game, I am sure that the Buckeyes just beat the team that was ranked #1.

Jerry

Edit:  I forgot to mention that they won with their #3 quarterback.  I wonder what would have happen if the #1 quarterback would have been there. 

Yes, I am loving this.

JohnP

Although a Alabama fan I must give a tip of the old Stetson to the Ohio State Buckeyes.  And I do hope they beat Oregon. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs