• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell me what you think

Started by DDCalls, April 08, 2007, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCalls

These are from this week.  Tell me what you think about them.  Looking for honest critiques.

Bloodwood with Gaboon Ebony tips.  Closed reed is a 2-piece.

Bocote set.  Closed reed is a one piece.

2-piece closed reed.  Acrylic stabilized Hawaian KOA with Zebrawood insert

Thanks
David

Todd Rahm

Dave,

I think all those calls are super until ya get to those tone-boards.

Matter fact that top set is freak'n nice, and I'd be all over ya to sell them if'n it wasn't for that dreaded tone-board. Its nothing personal, it just takes away from your nice work to much.

Man thats a nice set and ya did a great job putting the right woods together that make them pop.  :congrats:

quackerstacker

i would have to agree with todd.

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

quackerstacker

is the one in the top row on the left 4 sale?

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

DDCalls

Have a guy that wants to see pictures first as he wants first dibs on call sets I make like this.  If he says no then I will hit you with a PM.

David

Todd Rahm

Steve,

Ya was anticipating my next move was ya?  :confused: Hey isnt it past your bed time?  :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Honest critique? That means your not expecting everyone to say, "I love them". I guess you knew that right. If you wanted that you woulda asked your mother what she thought of them :biggrin:

Ok, since she aint here   :innocentwhistle:

:wink: I like them all, seriously. Mainly the woods, your design and the time spent in the finish. Obviously we can't hear them though.
The tone board issue is rapidly becoming the norm. Not that it makes one call junk over another, but there are going to be changes in the way calls are presented as the bars are raised and this clearly seems to be one of those changes.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Top two calls to me are the first picture - call on the left and the last picture.  I like the lines in both of them.  It appears that you have done a good job on the finish of the calls and as has been pointed out, the wood combinations work.

I would much rather have seen one of KO Distress Howler combo boards than the KO Toneboard that you used.  I know that the KO Toneboard produces good sounds, but I prefer the looks of calls that use the other.

Just my 2ยข,

Jerry

MattS

Style, Woods, Finish,,, All are awesome.....

Tone boards, not so awesome.  I agree with Jerry and if you continue with the production boards then try the other KO's.  They are not offered in a howler and distress like the ones you have.  But they can produce all those sounds.  They are a great multi board.