• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lunch with Okanagan and HuntnCarve

Started by Dave, April 18, 2015, 07:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Okanagan was recently out this way visiting family and HuntnCarve and I were able to meet he and some of his family for an incredible lunch.  Pennsylvania Dutch all you can eat restaurant called Shady Maple. We all met there a year ago for dinner, but I thought their lunch spread was better.
Anyway, always nice meeting up with fellow FnF'rs. 
Clyde - thanks for carving some time out of your family visit as it was great to see you again.
You have a lot of fun times ahead of you with those two grandkids of yours - lots of energy right there.

Oh, and good seeing you too, HnC.  Rarely do I see him without a gun or bow in his hand.

HuntnCarve

Thanks Dave and Clyde!  I had a great time once again.  Problem is there is never enough time to sit and tell stories with good friends. 

"Rarely do I see him without a gun or a bow in his hand".  :laf:

The other side of that coin is... "I usually see Dave off in the distance headed my way, with a bunch of deer between us, moving in my direction".  :eyebrow:

Once again, I had a great time at lunch with you good folk.  Until next time...

HnC
Dave

HaMeR

You 2 would have a lot of fun at the LBL!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

I'm pissed off.  Dave and Dave having lunch with a foreigner and probably an illegal one at that.  Did ya'll check his passport, green card, entry visa.  I'm calling DHS. 

Just so you know your not the only who can entertain F&F members Dale from NC is coming out here for a short visit.  Should be in later this evening. 

Some dang good people here.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Yes, it was a great time over good food with better folks.  DHS must have taken John's call, because they sent a TSA girl in hijab to check me out.    Maybe she makes the Muslims feel at home.  :shrug: :confused:

Dave and HuntnCarve are first class gentlemen, a benefit to anyone who gets to enjoy their company.  Our time was way too short and I wish we could have pursued several directions of conversation we touched.    My wife filled me in later on a fascinating story about HuntnCarve's brilliant mathematician son that I missed out on, (talking too much and filling my plate again).

As we drove away my daughter asked the two boys, ages 5 and 7, what they thought of Dave and HuntnCarve.  The older one breathed a reverent "Awesome" in low voice.  The younger fellow said, "Grampa's friends are REALLY GOOD hunters!" 

The time with you primed the pump for hunting stories and for the rest of my time there the boys would ask, "Tell us a story about a bear"  (or some other animal).

We are a blessed bunch of people: to sit at a table like that in relaxed freedom, with the wealth of options our lives enjoy, with children taking on responsibilities, and a safe home, where I just arrived.

JohnP

"We are a blessed bunch of people: to sit at a table like that in relaxed freedom, with the wealth of options our lives enjoy, with children taking on responsibilities, and a safe home, where I just arrived. "

AMEN
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Nice summary of the evening Clyde :wink:

John P's pissed and I'm jealous :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com