Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Some venom breaks it down and turns it to red water.

Key point.... don't get snake bit!
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dave

JohnP

See them on a regular basis out here.  I would venture a guess that more people die from the anti-venom than the actual bite.  Most rattlesnake bites on people, at least out here, are dry bites.  "No Shoulders" doesn't want to waste his venom on something they can't eat.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

John,

Great picture.  Do you think Jim will be able to make it a little larger and use it as his computer screen saver?    :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

bigben

There was a fella in pa that just died from a snake bite.  He went into cardiac arrest from the antivenin.  Im going to have to post some pics of the timbers we found this year.  Got some pretty ones. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on August 06, 2015, 07:50:24 AM
John,

Great picture.  Do you think Jim will be able to make it a little larger and use it as his computer screen saver?    :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

No!...no, I'm pretty sure he wont be able to :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Whats causes the anti-venom to kill them?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

Knew a fellow in California who got bit on his wrist and had his arm amputated about halfway from elbow to wrist.  He was out in the hills a ways and couldn't get to the hospital very soon.

Carolina Coyote

Got a lot of those buggers down in Georgia and have killed some big ones plus the Cotton Mouth, I am not afraid of them but for sure keep my eyes on the ground when walking. Mostly see them on the road or when Bush Hogging.

slagmaker

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 07, 2015, 11:36:33 PM

If I remember correctly it is usually an alergic reaction. Kind of an anaphylaxis thing.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bigben

Quote from: slagmaker on August 08, 2015, 08:20:54 AM
Quote from: FinsnFur on August 07, 2015, 11:36:33 PM

If I remember correctly it is usually an alergic reaction. Kind of an anaphylaxis thing.

Yep
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Jeb

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 08, 2015, 05:23:36 AM
Got a lot of those buggers down in Georgia and have killed some big ones plus the Cotton Mouth, I am not afraid of them but for sure keep my eyes on the ground when walking. Mostly see them on the road or when Bush Hogging.
Copperheads seem to be really bad this year in NW Ga. Several already killed in the last month around here.

JohnP

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 08, 2015, 05:23:36 AM

Carl -Those Cottonmouth guys really are something to be concerned about.  When I was stationed in the south Ft Knox, Ft Jackson, Ft Rucker, Ft Bragg we did a lot of bass fishing.  I was more concerned about Mr Cotton than I was about catching Mr Bass. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs