• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Call question?

Started by Todd Rahm, April 12, 2007, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

So if'n I wanted to be technical, would all "Turkey" calls be coyote "Locator" calls? Or would "Turkey" calls be high faluten "Predator Calls"  :roflmao:

They just don't know do they?  :rolleye:

THO Game Calls

I'm sorry Todd, but you are incorect - There is no such thing as a Coyote or Predator Call - They are correctly called "Locator Calls".

It is well known that the lowly coyote, who has better eyesight, better hearing, and a better sense of smell than any of the creatures he shares the wild with, and who, unlike those wimpy creatures who let man bring them to the point of extiction from hunting - has survived airail shooting, poisoning, unlimited bag limits and seasons in many areas, bounties and man's best efforts to eradicate them from the earth - continues to survive and thrive. 

I'm sorry Todd, but the lowly coyote is, like the men who call them, and the men who make the calls to call them, worthy of no respect from real hunters and call makers.  We are as they say - simply Miscelaneous.  We are not worthy.

I made these "locator" calls the past few weeks - they used to be Predator Calls - but not any more.   They have been down graded -

So, these are my new "Locator" calls. 

I promise to never again call them Predator Calls, or myself a Predator Call Maker, as i have been informed by those in the "know" that there is no such thing.   Perhaps I will take up knitting.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bob D

Very nice display of locator calls. Exactly how do they locate ????

HaMeR

I think it would be cool if they could locate my truck & jump in!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Those are some nice lookin locator calls for sure!! :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Arkyyoter

VERY pretty Al.... wow.......you are definately "the man" when it comes to locater calls  :biggrin:.....and after looking at those, perhaps we can understand why "they" don't want folks like you showing calls.......

Joe

THO Game Calls

It's easy Stu - you just pull the reed out - no use for it anyway, and hold one end up to your eye and look through to locate stuff -

WOW - I got an idea - I can start making Kalidescopes! 

Way Cool -

Thanks - I think I would like that way better than knitting - all those sharp pointy things - can't have that now can we ??

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

PS - I know there is a spell check at the bottom of the page - but I am just a dumb old locator call maker so you can't expect me to know how to spell Kalidescope  - or whatever -

Todd Rahm

ROFLAO..................its official.

My name is Todd and I am a "Custom Locator Call Collector"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I started out 8 years or so ago collecting predator calls, and little did I know until an avid "Turkey" call collector pointed out my errors, that this whole time I was mislabeling my calls, and misleading the public in my description of such said calls.

Damn, now Jay will have to change the name of his book. "Locator Calls, The First 50 Years"  :roflmao: :roflmao:

When does the madness end.

Well who wants to point out to them that the "Trumpet" call is a just a fancy "lip squeak" amplifier.  :roflmao: :roflmao:

WhiteHare

Guess I'll have to change my business cards to read:

"Custom Locator Call Lanyards"

So does that makes me - Richard aka WhiteHare, a "Custom Locator Call Lanyard Maker"?   :confused:   :shrug:
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

DDCalls

I've been fuming over this for days.  My hatred for the mis-informed is growing by the hour. :argh:  But alas, you have made me laugh AL! :yoyo:  I yelled screamed and shouted to a well know and VERY well respected duck call maker who told me about another organization that is allowing entry of (dare I say it) PREDATOR CALLS!  www.ccaacalls.org

Not the best case scenario, but its what I have to work with.  So until the EXPERTS decide to pull their heads out of their third point of contact I will just go through life as the bastard "locator call" maker.

awh

Someone will have to explain this to Lil-man. :noway: I'll start by telling his Mom to tell him, but then some else would have to explain to her what I just told her :rolleye:.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

And we were just working on his cards. LMC (Little Mans Calls) So scrap those and print LMLC. Before it's over they'll be called rabbit flutes :madd:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Todd Rahm

ROFLAO............ "Rabbit Flutes"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

bearmanric

Great i recently bought label's to make my Lacator call's nicely packaged. :holdon:so when i head out in the morning to hunt the Wiley Turkey. all the other Locator  call's are no good. :roflmao:. how many people can say the Turkey will be the last animal living on earth. :confused: :confused: as the indian's say it will be coyote's. freaking nut's. Rick

rjl54

Well Al, your calls work. Just by reading about them I've LOCATED the spell check button.  Has it always been there?  :confused:

CCP

I cant believe you guy's are so behind the times don't you guy's remember these classics :biggrin:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jeb

LOL Rich !!  :roflmao: :roflmao:
           Jeb

Todd Rahm

:roflmao:  Rich you crazy feller you................damn we all need therapy.  :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:

I thought Byron's "Locating in The Thick Stuff" was a good video also. :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Brad H

That's funny how he did that. :nono:

Speaking of that...I'm in the market fot a "Hundred Dollar Bill Locator". So if any of you guys happen to come across one on Ebay or something give me a ring would ya?

Brad

THO Game Calls

Heck Brad - I've got one of those and you can have her - she can locate money in any pocket I try to hide it.

Girl grew up in a town with 50 people - went to school in a one room school house - now she thinks living in the country means being more than 15 minutes from the mall -

AL