• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Great place to hunt

Started by WldWldWest, March 28, 2016, 09:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

was introduced to a hunting club by a close friend after about a year or so of being invited I decided to give it a shot and  now I wondered why I waited so long!
about 3000 acres of well managed critters!! and the amenities are pretty incredible.
Bear, Boar, deer, turkey and deer and a few fish,
cant wait to spend a lil more time up there!

Took this guy up this weekend and tried to talk him into joining...Anybody recognize him???

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FinsnFur

Nice hog!
So whos the partner? I should be able to tell by the gun and I cant, but I'm gonna guess Semp???
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Great hog and I'm guessing Bopeye. :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

I wish I was that thin, Jim!  :laf:

My guess is Pat, coyote101.

HaMeR

Too tall for Brad!!  :laf: :laf:

Nice hog you got there!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

!

WldWldWest

Yep it was Coyote 101,
We spent the weekend in the mountains chasing all kinds of critters, we weren't to successful this time( hog pic from a couple of weeks ago) still a great trip, Pat is a great guy to travel and Hunt with!!

!

Yotehntr

Man that is one big headed hog in that 1st pic.   :innocentwhistle:    Sounds like ya'll had a blast!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Hawks Feather

Nice looking hog.  Is it one that you will be able to butcher?  My cousin shot two in Texas and when I asked if they had butchered them he said that they stunk so bad that there was no way he, or anyone else that was there, would eat them.  He said that he was gagging just cutting off the head so that the skull could be kept.

Jerry

WldWldWest

Thanks Jerry
I am by no means a pro hog hunter...yet:) but I have myself killed a couple in Texas and he is right I'm not sure what the difference is but they were awful but we didn't eat those but the ones that come out of East Tennessee if they're about 150 pounds or less they are really good to eat the locals in Texas said if you wanted one to eat she want about the size of a basketball.
Not sure if it makes a difference but the ones we hunt are mostly 100% Russian the ones in Texas were mostly feral I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with the flavor but you never know?:)
The one I killed in the picture was right at 200 pounds and I butchered her and it was as good as any pork I have ever eaten.

!

Hawks Feather

Glad that you got one that not only looked good but tasted good too!

Jerry

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 28, 2016, 10:15:33 PM
I should be able to tell by the gun and I cant......

Here is a better picture of it from last month:

This is my hunting partner shortly after a big mean coyote snuck up from behind and scared him  :nono:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Dangit!!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

WldWldWest

You just had to tell that didn't you Pat?
Truth hurts!:)

!

FinsnFur

Thats kinda interesting about some being good eating and some not. I had no idea there was a difference.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

I killed one with a bow down around Cookeville, TN many years ago. It was fine eating. 

WldWldWest

Quote from: KySongDog on March 29, 2016, 10:12:45 PM
I killed one with a bow down around Cookeville, TN many years ago. It was fine eating.
That's pretty impressive Johnny, I wanna try one with my bow at some point

!

Okanagan

Great looking country.  Sure would like to hunt a hog someday, not likely now.  Yes, you have found a GREAT place to hunt and by the sign I've read, Pat is a great hunting partner!

That's sure interesting about the difference in meat quality from Texas to Tennessee. 

WldWldWest

About three years ago my buddy that lives a couple of streets down killed at 300-plus pounds Boar while we were in Texas the ranch owner tried to explain to him that it probably wouldn't be good to eat but he wasn't going to be outdone so we butchered it and brought it home and the day he cooked it I could smell it two streets away it's pretty nasty. I killed a small sow on that same hunt and she was perfectly fine.

!

FinsnFur

Quote from: WldWldWest on March 30, 2016, 12:44:38 PM
I could smell it two streets away it's pretty nasty.

Goood lord :puke:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers