• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Opnion please

Started by awh, April 14, 2007, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Here's one I turned last weekend. It has several coats of oil and wax all hand rubbed. Just want your honest opinion. (This is not Lil-mans work. It's his dads  :laf:)  It's 3" long and 1-1/8" at it's widest.

Danny
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Fine example of wood.  Reminds me of a candy cane.  Your design compliments the grain pattern well with its smooth lines.

I personely prefeer a deeper lanyard grove on calls I carry into the field but this style compliments the one you made well.  Nothing really out of proportion, least I dont think so.

Nice work

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Cool wood. Looks like fesh wet leather :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Looks like it will fit in the hand good. I like that in a call. I like a deeper lanyard groove also but I think you did that piece of wood some real justice. The spiral on that one is very cool. I think you brought the tone out of it nicely.

Well Done!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

That piece of wood looks like it was born to become a call.......NICE...... :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

awh

Thanks guys. If lil-man lets me back the lathe I have something drawn up I want to try next time.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Brad H

Also more emphasis on the lanyard groove. But otherwise very nicely done!

Brad

THO Game Calls

Well I like it.  I think the way you turned it accentuates the wood.   I like the large open end - you did more than drill a hole straight through and put a reed in it.  Some thought went into it.  I think it would fit nice in the between my thumb and forfinger so I could use my last three fingers to control the sound.

To be honest, I am not crazy about the mouth end - but I'm not a big fan of most one piece calls.  The small airway to the reed sometimes makes them hard for me to blow.  Scrrery production calls are a good example of what I mean.

Put your name on it, put it on a lanyard and go call a coyote because I can assure you it will work a lot better in the field for that than some I have seen. 

Nice overall job - one that you should be proud of. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

DirtyDog

Nice work. I love that wood.

kkbait

BasinBoy

i like its. its really shiney :biggrin: