• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My first call

Started by MattS, April 14, 2007, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattS

Well, its not my first call.  But it is my first duck call.  I have been wanting to make one for some time now.  A buddy just had a baby boy and he is a big duck hunter, so I thought I would make the baby his first call.

Brad H

Congrats on the baby!!

You've got a nice touch on those calls.

Brad

(edit) congrats to your buddy. I don't know how I read it was yours.

THO Game Calls

Hey that one is pretty sweet - nice work!  Really nice.  That would do well anywhere.  I know some duck call makers that would be proud of that one. 

Now, go slap you sels and write on a pad of paper

"I am a Predator Call Maker"  1000 times so you don't forget who you really are LOL.

just kidding - I made two turkey calls this month for a kid I talke out on Youth Weekend and his dad - it's nice to branch out sometimes  - long as you can find the road back -

ignore that voice in your head that says

"Matt - I am your Father" 

We don't want to lose you to the dark side - you have too much talent and pptential!

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bopeye

That call is beautiful Matt.........in time I believe that young'un will be very proud of that call. It for sure will always be a conversation piece in the duck bllind........ :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

MattS

I have wondered if making duck calls was the place to be.  A person could make a call and put a distress reed in it and sell it for $20 or put a duck reed in it and sell it for $200   :shrug:  That is another topic I know has been discussed.

Dont worry, I am definately not a fowler.  But, I love making calls.  Last night I was in the garage and found a pen laying there so I tore it apart, cut it up, slapped a piece of mylar on it and made a call.  I love making calls, it keeps me out of the dark side.  I love predator hunting and I don't duck hunt, but I do turkey hunt  :wo:

Arkyyoter

Lookin' good Matt.......stay with it!!

Joe

THO Game Calls

I can see Matt in his shop - a bubble appears over his head - Yoda is inside.  He says - don't think - do.  Take the pen - see the pen - make the pen a predator call.  Do.

then Master Miogy from the Karate Kidi shows up - looks - and looks again and says

wax on - wax off

Matt - you need some sleep   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao: 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

BasinBoy

MattS

Al, that pretty much nails it on the head.  I am working on some different tone boards based off of what E.L.K uses when I saw that pen laying there.  I heard a little voice say "I bet you can't make that into a open reed call".  Well I proved him wrong  :eyebrownod:

SLEEP!!  Sleep is when you think about calls, work is when you sleep or think about calls.   I can get into the whole waxing thing but I know how some of you guys might take that one.  :roflmao:

kkbait

keekee

Looks good Matt! Nice work!

Brent

ninthinning

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Bob D

Sharp looking call. You did good !