• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

This Winter

Started by snafu, January 29, 2017, 07:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snafu

Most pathetic...ever! Only 3 snows of a few inches each. Which all have melted a few days later. I no longer like Santa, in fact I despise the fat LIAR! The next time I see him. He's getting a stout kick in the biscuits. I'm going to give Rudolph one too, probably a 1st for him? Visited with a coyote hunter friend around 6wks ago. He told me an area trapper had caught 49 coyotes so far back then. I thought that a bit high :/ . But I'm not so sure it isn't a fact. Because I've hunted hard since post Harvest. Et I have not laid eyes on a single coyote! nor even a Red. By now...I should have spotted 30 or more coyotes & some Reds. Thinking more on my frustration about the area lion(s). I just might stomp a sink hole in Santa's chest. Don't expect to see him ever again. The fat man is going down! GRRRRRRRR!
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

snafu

I haven't shot a coyote in 5yrs or so. Not because I haven't had many opportunities...But because I'm focused on getting me a lion. However, that just might all change? Because I'm a hankering to thump something. 

Okanagan

Quote from: snafu on January 29, 2017, 07:06:43 AM
I haven't shot a coyote in 5yrs or so. Not because I haven't had many opportunities...But because I'm focused on getting me a lion. However, that just might all change? Because I'm a hankering to thump something.

Yep, sounds like it is time to shoot something.   I like to watch them more than skin them, but I understand the hankering for some ballistic therapy.  I shot one a few years ago that came to a bobcat calling stand and he just hung around too long.  I don't shoot coyotes anymore... except when I do.    :huh:  :biggrin:

Wish you could join me for a day of cruising and looking for a cougar track.    Due to ice everywhere this odd winter plus my broken wrist and slowly losing my get-up-and-go, I've only been out a few times to explore snow depth and road access and have not made a single calling stand for a cougar. 

Best of luck... and maybe pick off the next coyote you see.  :yoyo:

snafu

"The next coyote I see" More I think about the lack of coyotes. I do believe a good trapper has wiped out the pop. In a 40 mi grid. I've only ran across a couple of tracks. However, there is a good pop 30 miles West SouWest of me. We seen our 1st coyotes Winter of 68. Seen a whopping 12 that Winter. Which is 12 more than I have laid eyes on in the last 6 months. Unbelievable! No doubt, a good trapper can lay waist to the land if he's hard at it. <Jeesh, hows about saving just one for the gipper? (Note to self; Kill any & all voles you run across).

FinsnFur

:laf: Well we know you know how to put the sneak up on em  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

snafu

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 30, 2017, 08:03:57 PM
:laf: Well we know you know how to put the sneak up on em  :sneer:

Mainly due, to my wannabe mall ninja training. Don't be a hater.  :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

10-4 on mall ninja, lol!

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

trailtwister

I have got 8 coyotes since mid December 2016.
Have canceled several hunts we have had because of the rain rain and more rain in January. Also several days of fog so think they canceled school.
then there is the mud, not much fun wallowing thru that crap to make a set either.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

FinsnFur

Nope it's been a funked up winter. Rain, fog, sub zero temps, 50 degree temps...  :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

By Jan. 1 we'd already had the most snow in 20 years.  It just let up from 36 hours of snowing again.  You'd think we lived in Canada!  Snow piled up over 18 inches but a brief change to rain and then snow again last night has it sagged to about 14 inches deep.   It has overwhelmed the city and provincial snow removal crews and no street anywhere near our part of the city has been plowed, now 3 days into this snow. 

On the first day of it my wife sent me out for provisions in case we had to hole up, which we have.  I stocked up on dark chocolate, green grapes and Gala apples so she should be set for the duration.

It is supposed to snow non-stop through Tuesday.  I thought that we were going to get a tracking snow but now it is way too deep on all of the back roads to go anywhere. 

pitw

Funny how that works ^^^.  We can drive most anywhere because of lack of snow.  Just had a cow moose and her babe walk by the yard so I didn't have to go out and look for any. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Holy crap Okanagan :holdon: Send Barry some snow
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

MI VHNTR

There's plenty of snow here in the UP of Michigan and more is forecast. I'm getting sick and tired of moving snow.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

HaMeR

Our big snowfall so far has been about an inch. Lasted til the next afternoon when the rains came. I wish it would get cold for a couple weeks & snow.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Our snow quit yesterday morning so I four wheeled to church and parked in a plowed parking lot.  It snowed five inches during the service.   :huh:

There is a Hyundai Elantra Touring under the snow below.  Photo taken yesterday noon.  It snowed more last night and I will take another pic when it gets daylight.  Will dig it out when it quits snowing.

centerfire_223

Holy snot it takes us 20 years to get that much snow.  :alscalls:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

I love snow. Wish we got some here.  Global warming is alive and well in West KY. 

FinsnFur

Yeeee Haaaa! Now that looks like Wisconsin! :thumb2: Welcome home!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

snafu

I blame...ole whats his face who invented the internet? For my shoddy Winter. Had I not been so DEPLORABLE? Perhaps? things would've panned out better for me.  :shrug:

Okanagan

Freezing rain here today, after a week of snow storm after snow storm.

There is a Hyundai Elantra attached to the mirror sticking out of this pile of snow, three days ago.

Yesterday they forecast 16 inches of snow that would turn into freezing rain this morning.  I decided to dig out the car before it got encased in ice.

We only got a couple of inches of snow but the freezing rain has been going for a few hours.   I took the pics below after 2 or 3 hours of freezing rain.  Ice is 3/4 inch thick in places, starting to break off tree limbs.

I've been up since daylight and have seen two vehicles move a wheel, both 4x4's and each doing about 5 mph on flat ground.   The whole town is shut down.  My wife asked me to bake a wild blackberry pie.  Good idea.