• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hot out there!!

Started by remrogers, June 28, 2021, 10:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

This was at 4:30 yesterday. Mighty glad our AC works. That 77 is in the house.

chieftain

dang Rem thats way to hot...stay cool...

remrogers

Monday hit a high of 118, but it did cool down to 65 last night. Monday morning got down to 78 for a overnight low. Was wondering if Oregon had slid down into Arizona.

JohnP

Our son lives in Glendale, AZ, and 118 is not uncommon.  Down here in the high desert it has gotten up to 110 but is back to our normal high 90's low 100's.  Nighs are comfortable, similar to yours, in the '60s.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Official temp was 98 yesterday but the bank in town said 108.   So I looked up where the official temperature is taken and it is miles north of town on a beach point with salt water on three sides.  Town is 5 miles from salt water and much hotter.  Why would they put the official weather station in such a non-typical spot?  That weather site says our average high temp for July is 69.6.

With tall shade trees, forest, and creek our apartment stays cool in all but the hottest weather and has not gotten uncomfortable yet this year.  We cool it at night then keep it closed.  We don't have AC though if this weather were the norm I'd install it.   We own a small portable AC unit that has to be vented to a window, but we loaned it to a grandson and his wife with a new baby because their place is in the sun and gets really hot.

We can look at snow a few miles away on nearby mountains, and my wife wants to drive up there and visit winter, maybe this afternoon.  We have it good, and are grateful!

HaMeR

94 over here in Eastern Ohio. Humidity pushes it to 104. No idea what the temp is at work on the roof but I'd guess somewhere between 120 & vomiting. VERY little air movement here when it's like this. Inside our house is 74. The AC has been running for 2 days & it won't cool it below that to shut off. Full sun on the house all day long. Keeping the shades pulled down helps a lot.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

" Fight global warming, Mow naked."

Okanagan

Our hot spell broke and we are back to normal.  Over 100 on Monday, 72 yesterday and today is cooler, overcast and hinting rain.

I feel for y'all in hot country this time of year.  I grew up in hot desert, lived for years inland in southern California, worked on a house framing crew on a day that hit 123.    Hottest place I've ever been was Pakistan, 118 while I was there with saturated humidity.  The locals were miserable but said that they don't consider it a heat wave till it gets over 50C.  That is 122 F. if my memory is right.   

nastygunz

Supposed to drop down to 65° here on Friday!

pitw

Places around me setting all time record highs :pout:  no rain for over a month and none forecasted for at least 2 weeks.  Me and the crops are burning up.
I say what I think not think what I say.

remrogers

News last night said 63 dead from the heat here in Oregon. Ages of 44 and up. Most found with no AC or fans. Monday topped at 118, but overcast and low 70's yesterday. Same for today.

Okanagan

Quote from: remrogers on July 01, 2021, 08:25:42 AM
News last night said 63 dead from the heat here in Oregon. Ages of 44 and up. Most found with no AC or fans. Monday topped at 118, but overcast and low 70's yesterday. Same for today.

That is brutal!

JohnP

Quote from: remrogers on July 01, 2021, 08:25:42 AM

I know that happens, but I just don't understand why.  Do they not have family, friends, neighbors, or just anybody they can call and say "Hey can ya help me?"
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

remrogers

Heat related deaths now at 97.