• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Picked cherries for a pie this morning

Started by Okanagan, June 30, 2021, 11:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

The three really hot days just past accelerated ripening of our garden.  Strawberries still perking though past prime, asparagus almost over, first raspberries ripe this morning, blueberries turning blue, edible pod peas loaded, and a bumper crop of cherries almost ripe.   My son has four big cherry trees and they are darkening their redness and sweetness by the hour.  Here and there a cherry is fully ripe.  I am going to make a tart cherry pie as an experiment and hedge my risk with Umpqua French vanilla ice cream.   :eyebrow:

I'd offer y'all some but not sure how this mix of ripe and almost fully ripe cherries will turn out, and would hate to serve such an unknown to guests...   :innocentwhistle:

remrogers

I'm willing to take my chances with that pie. Our Queen Anne cherries have been baked on the tree. Glad I picked what I did before the heat hit.

Okanagan

Yotehntr

Mom cooks me a cherry pie for my birthday every year! Love some cherry pie!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

pitw

Dang that would be better than chasing a moose around.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

This morning.   These are a Bing or Bing type cherry, and most have not reached the deep blackish red of ripe.  Below is our one big tree of Royal Anns or something similar, that don't turn red.  Very tasty.