• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shut it!

Started by nastygunz, December 09, 2022, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Scientists Trace Just How Far Flushing Toilets Spray Germs Into the Air
New research highlights why you should close the lid every time you flush a toilet. A new study reveals how toilet water spray sends potentially dangerous germs into the air at alarming rates. Scientists from the University of Colorado in Boulder performed several experiments that uncovered an "invisible plume" that shoots into the air every time a toilet is flushed. The spray contained microscopic particles of pee, poop and whatever else was in the bowl. This creates a health hazard for those who follow.
According to Study Finds, the research team used bright green lasers and cameras to reveal how these particles are rapidly ejected from a lidless public toilet.
"If it's something you can't see, it's easy to pretend it doesn't exist," said lead author John Crimaldi, a professor of civil, environmental, and architectural engineering in a University of Colorado statement. "By making dramatic visual images of this process, our study can play an important role in public health messaging."

The CU Boulder scientists found that these airborne particles shoot up quickly, at speeds of 6.6 feet per second, reaching 4.9 feet above the toilet within 8 seconds. While the largest droplets tend to settle onto surfaces within seconds, the small particles that are less than 5 microns can remain suspended in the air for minutes or longer.

JohnP

Another reason why I never got rid of our outhouse.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a S-Hit storm to me.

bambam

Heard this years ago, I always put the lid down. But, it's probably miniscule in comparison to the shit the government is spraying on us.