• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hope everyone is keeping safe

Started by Hawks Feather, December 23, 2022, 10:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

The prediction of the worse storm since 1978 is somewhat less than expected here. We only got about an inch of snow rather than the 4-6 predicted, but they were right about the wind and low temps. 40 mph wind with gusts to around 60 and a temp of -10 with wind chill cold enough that I am not going out. I know there are worse conditions out there and hope all of you are staying safe and warm.

JohnP

All is good here in sunny Arizona, but the overnight temp was in the low 20s

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bambam

They always hype everything for ratings.

2 degrees here, high winds, got the woodstove cranking. Women warm and happy,  God is good.

Thank God for global warming, huh ? HAHA

Okanagan

Mighty pretty there in Arizona!  40 years ago we hit the north rim of the Grand Canyon in dazzling sunlight and a foot of snow.  About five years ago my wife and I toured Mesa Verde, Canyon de Chelly and Bryce Canyon in fresh snow and sunshine.  Stunning country.

Our usual winter temperature and weather is 52 degrees and  overcast or misting rain.  So it seems odd that for months we've had below freezing nearly every night, a foot of snow five days ago, and temps down to 11 F at night and rarely above 25F.

Super slick roads to drive, still today.  Wife and I didnt go out nor turn a wheel for four days.  Freezing rain predicted today but missed us.

It is mighty pretty with heavy snow on all the evergreens. 

nastygunz

Yesterday it was 50° and pouring rain, now it's 6° above zero.

pitw

Well that was a week of cool temps for a fact. 
Was thinking about them big snakes in Florida and how we would use them for fence rails up here.  Also it sure does make mosquito sightings a nonexistent thing. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

She got nasty up here starting Wednesday.  :sad3:
Temps hovered around -20 below and steady 30 mph winds all the way through last night. Overnight night temps dropped to around -40 below with the wind.
Today is the first day the sun shined since Wednesday. It's suppose to get up to 4 degrees todays. The winds have dropped down to around 20mph. I havent left the house for three days. Had no reason to. :laf: 
Going out now to dig out the truck and access the damage. We actually didnt get much snow either. The yard and streets are covered with snow ribs like drifts across a wide open desert.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

40 below!  That's too much for me.  Ours may be sloppy wet cold but I'll take it over -40.  That kind of cold goes beyond feeling cold to feeling pain, for me anyway.  Overnight our weather jumped up to normal: raining at 52 degrees, turning all the snow and ice into slush. Y'all stay warm this Christmas Eve and Day.