• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My biggest coyote ever

Started by possumal, May 27, 2007, 05:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

I'll post one more for you guys to look at. It is the biggest one I have ever killed. I howled him in down in Woodford County, Ky., and he came into a big hayfield that bordered a river ledge. He weighed 58 lbs.. I have killed a few that were bigger through the chest, but he is by far the biggest overall. My old Primos howler did the deed on him.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Enough fur there to make a blanket.  :yoyo: Good lord that's a lotta coyote!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Now that's a big killin machine right there!    :congrats:

Hey Al!  With you being right here in Kaintuckee, ya need to come on down to the LBL hunt in February.  It's a good time with great people!

Johnny

possumal

Hey Semp:  I appreciate you mentioning that, but I am usually pretty busy getting after the yotes on the many farms I hunt at that time of year.  That is prime time for me and prime tme for the coyotes doing their thing on the calves.  I may try to work it out just to meet some of these people that post on the forums.  :innocentwhistle:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Roundman

Bopeye

He is a hoss for sure.......
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ohiobob

Al
The pic of the above coyote? was it STILL on its moms tit when you pulled the trigger? :biggrin:
That is a big COYOTE,,hell I would let it walk because it looks like the neighbors  German Shepard,I had that problem on an Illinois coyte about 12 years ago,,I watched this "German Shepard" walk across a field,sit down about 150 -200 yards away and I thought to myself,,self,that SURE IS A BIG BUSHY German Shepard,,then it hit me,,HELL THATS A COYOTE!
which DIDNT matter at that moment because I had mt Recurve and Cedar arrows with a Snuffer Broadhead,so the 150-200 yards was a LITTLE out of my range :laf:
and the way I knew for sure it was a coyote was after it sat down it got up and walked about another 25 yards and it hit my trail and turned on a dime and ran like hell,,which was about the same exact moment i knew it WASNT a friggin
German Shepard :doh2: :doh2: :doh2: :doh2:
I have GOT TO PUT IN MY MIND that I need to quit thinking the coyotes i DO see are NOT German Shepards :fingerx:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bopeye

Quote from: ohiobob on May 29, 2007, 08:42:43 PM
I have GOT TO PUT IN MY MIND that I need to quit thinking the coyotes i DO see are NOT German Shepards :fingerx:
Bob

That's too funny............ :roflmao: :roflmao:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

catskinner

I think I can see where the collar was on that big guy.  :biggrin:

ErictheRed

awh

Holly cow. That is a nice one. I'm w/ Bob, Cam would have had to convinced me it wasn't a German Shepard. Great pic.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

possumal

I can see I will have to spend some time with Bob in Ohio. Our first stop will be at the local humane society to look at some German Shepherds.  :roflmao:  I have killed four others that were bigger through the chest than this one, but he was the longest coupled coyote I have ever seen.  I would have had him full body mounted but he didn't have that pretty a coat.  I howled another one into the same field, and he entered from the opposite end, but he either saw that big rascal laying there dead or picked up his scent, and de-assed that place quicker than you can believe. He was almost to the point of no return when he reversed and vamoosed.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyoteplinker

First there was Hogzilla.... Then came Barry Bonds Coyote. 

He must have used the "clear".   :wink:

Bills Custom Calls

Nice looking coyote ya got there

Doesn't matter what they look like Bob can't hit anyway :roflmao:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

ohiobob

HEY !!! I resemble that remark !!!  :doh2: :laf:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???