• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Break out your traps Big Ben!

Started by nastygunz, September 18, 2023, 10:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/crime-courts/psp-6000-8000-minks-released-from-central-pa-fur-farm/amp/

ROCKEFELLER TOWNSHIP, NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — Thousands of minks are on the loose after someone cut holes in a fence and released them from a fur farm near Sunbury.

According to Pennsylvania State Police, sometime between midnight and 6:50 a.m. on Sunday, 6,000-8,000 minks got out of Richard H. Stahl Sons Incorporated located on State Route 890 in Rockefeller Township.

bigben

shame they aint worth a darn.  I havent set traps in years.  I did buy some coon cuffs and are eagerly waiting to set for some masked bandits.  They been tearing up our food plot pretty much every night and hard on the turkeys.  open season once season comes in.  hopefully they stick around
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

I have been meaning to get me some of those coon cuffs.

bigben

i ended up picking some up at the trappers rondy this year in ship.  I was a little upset when I got home and realized what I thought was an amazing deal was a bamboozlement on my part.  I was told get the z traps because they work both by pushing or pulling the trigger while dukes only worked the one way.  I found a half doz labeled z traps for a killer deal.  I grabbed em up thinking I did well.  Only to get home and realize the bottom is stamped duke. 

So I have a half doz dukes that I still got for a good deal.  Along with bait balls.  I guess a lot of guys buy printed caps that keep mice out from stealing bait as well.  Not sure if I am going to print some here at work or just use em as is.  The coon bait I have smells like berrys.  half tempted to try one.  But when I used to trap a lot one of my favoirte sets was a piece of white pvc pipe pounded in the ground and green apple shampoo down the hole and a double set of #1 or a single 1.5 around the bottom.  Seemed to work too well for thieves as well however.  Honestly not doing it for any purpose other then predator control.  My local fur guy passed this summer.  even If I did wait till fur primed up they wouldnt be worth but 5 bucks. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

Yes not worth the time and effort for the price. I like to thin a few out around the house and that's about it nowadays.

bigben

so all the news outlets up here are reporting on this and apparently several city folk who I like to refer to as yuppies have been saying how it seems like a scene from a scary movie.  As there are thousands of these over grown rats running around.  its amazing how out of tune some people are.  Im sure theres some hippie tree hugger happy they all escaped fate as a fur coat.  I will have to reach out to my buddy hern and see if he is going to run a mink line this year. 

nastygunz

I wouldn't want to be a muskrat living in that area ha ha.

FinsnFur

I was going to ask where you got this, cause this is like a year old. Then I clicked your link that says 3 days ago.  :laf:
So...do these jack wagons cut fence wires every year I wonder?
Sunzabitches
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I dont remember a mink escape in pa for a while now.  I know there were some monkeys that got out that the CDC was interested in however back when covid was all the rage and kind of settling down.