• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wedding on opening day of elk season, archery buck the day before

Started by Okanagan, September 29, 2023, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

One of my grandsons got married on the opening day of archery elk season here in Washington State.  As to how serious elk season is, I counted men in the wedding party who had 7 record book elk among them.

On a Thursday late evening, a friend flew in from Oklahoma for the Saturday wedding.  He stayed with the groom's brother, my grandson Code.  When Code woke up Friday morning, he spotted a pretty good blacktail buck out in his pasture and orchard.  He asked the friend from Oklahoma if he wanted to hunt deer.  They decided to wait till a store opened and if the buck was still there they would go buy him an out of state license and tag.  The buck stuck around.

When they got back with a deer tag, the friend borrowed Code's bow, did a sneak and at 31 yards put a good arrow in the right place.  He has bow hunted and killed deer before, just never a blacktail.  They showed up at my place about 9:30 to surprise me but I saw blood on the tailgate and walked out to ask them about it before they got out of the pick-up.  I don't have a pic of that deer, a mature four year old 2x3 with good mass if I'm remembering right.  The hunter took the best cuts home in his carry-on luggage and had no trouble with security.

Great wedding, outdoor in a meadow below mountains.  A clue to the wedding is that the bride wore a classic white wedding gown with a train-- and white cowboy boots.  The bridesmaids wore long dresses-- and cowboy boots.  All the men including the preacher and bride's parents wore cowboy boots. Country music, lots of good looking young women, handsome hunks of men and a lot of 4x4 trucks parked in the pasture. 

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a wonderful wedding and one out of stater has some good eating when he gets home. Wouldn't it be nice if all the weddings were like this?

pitw

That did sound like a good time.  I disliked cowboy boots but I do like cowgirls.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com