• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

North Bay Custom Game Calls...Thank You!!!

Started by Todd Rahm, July 07, 2007, 07:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

7/7/7  Seems to have been my lucky day in more then one way.  :biggrin:  I checked the mail today and received an envelope from Steve Steffy.  :sneer:

I was expecting two nice cocobolo calls, and boy did I get them. Very nice grained, and nicely finished set for sure. I'm a sucker for a nicely grained coco call.  :innocentwhistle: Thanks Steve...........

............Oh! Wait theres another call in the envelope.  :innocentwhistle: It also had this nice antler call in there, and its a real beaut!! Its flawless, sounds good, and has that awesome perfect weight in the hand feel to it, that I have also came to really like. Steve ya didn't send any details about this call, so please fill us in on it. This a very nice front shelf addition and one that is deeply appreciated. (matter fact if'n it wasn't late in PA right now I'd be on the telephone)

Thanks a Ton Steve..... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

FinsnFur

Spoiled rotten, thats what ya are.  :rolleye: And yes'ir eee you got some keepers there. Very nice  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Very nice lookin calls!! That antler one would be a great surprise! Cool call.
Scott

HaMeR

Those are some nice calls for sure!! Nice snag on em!! :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Todd,

I guess it is your lucky day.  Nice looking calls.

Jerry

keekee

Thats a couple good one's to add to your collection! Nice looking calls! :biggrin:

Brent

bowjunkie

very nice pickup Todd ... was just gonna pm ya and see if you took those coco calls  :wink: and I have to agree with ya Steve does fantastic work  :congrats: :congrats:

got a pot yesterday from him WOW i had a hard time parting with it last night  :eyebrow: however I may have scored a hunt outa the deal  :biggrin:

Coulter

Todd... :innocentwhistle: Surprise!! That is the call that I was referring to that I said wouldn't break your bank. So you can still save some of your $$ for that other call that you are supposed to be saving some cash for :whew: I'm glad you like them all and thank you for the good review.

The antler call is only the second one that I have done, the other was shipped to a guy in Oklahoma last year, it was not the same style though. This one is made of elk antler, with a coyote track burned onto it, along with your name, "NB"  and '07. The NB gets burned onto all my calls with the exception of turkey pots. I put the NB on the strikers for those. It stands for North Bay as you probably figured out already.

The reason it was put into your bag with the other calls is that I felt I owed you one. Along with a couple other individuals on here :eyebrow: :innocentwhistle: Their time is coming too :wink: When I first joined FNF I was trying to get some guys involved with the Guild. Unfortunately, that just didn't pan out, but you were willing to help out however you could. I really appreciate that and it shows your true colors. The funny thing is I feel more at home here at FNF than I do anywhere else. The caliber of people is by far superior to any other site that I visit.

I am well beyond my rookie year of call making, but still consider myself to be a novice at this point. I have made some progress in my callmaking efforts, but I know there is a lot more that I can learn and incorporate into my callmaking. I have a few other things that I want to try and some skillls that I want to hone, especially woodburning. For me this is an outlet to get creative and the guys that post calls on here are all a true inspiration.

Bowjunkie, Glad to hear ya like the pot as well...what kind of hunt did ya score on :biggrin:

Thanks to all the FNF members...

bowjunkie

not sure but it could be a 4 or 5 state turkey hunt next spring  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

I agian thank ya Steve, but you owed me nothing. It was you that inspired me, and that flame isn't yet out, as I'll support anything that will help the betterment of the hobby, and appriciate you for doing the same. Your gesture is one I greatly welcomed. Thanks again.