• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Moose paddles..

Started by HuntnCarve, July 08, 2007, 01:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Here's what you do with left over moose paddles after you've made calls from the tines.
I made this set of pistol grips from scratch for a good friend, and fellow call maker Brandon Boyd.  Seems Brandon has a Ruger Single Six, that was given to him by his father.  It's one of those firearms that obviously has alot of sentiment attached to it like we all have...Well Brandon wanted to try and dress it up alittle, and had his heart set on a set of moose ivory grips.  I was humbled when he asked me to take on the job.  But being that I truly admire the young man, and his talents.  It was obvious that I would give it my best shot.  Another good friend of ours, Bearmanric, provided the moose antler.  So here's the finished product.  I put Brandon's logo on one grip, and coyote on the other.  It's not often that you get the chance to add to a legacy.  Thanks for the opportunity my friend!
Dave

Hawks Feather

Dave,

I am sure that he will be pleased with the results and make that Ruger even more special to him.  I bought a set of stag grips a couple of years back, but these make those look humble.

Jerry

Coulter

Those are awesome Dave...great work on the carvings :yoyo: :yoyo:

Steve

Lonehowl

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

awh

Very nice Dave. I'm sure Brandon is going to love them. :yoyo:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

kkbait

bowjunkie

WOW Dave those are outstanding if he doesn't like em I do  :eyebrow: and I have a ruger single six  :innocentwhistle:

Coyote Dr

Fireball221

Dave, Those pistol grips are the daddy for sure.  Love the logo and the howling yote looks awesome. 

Todd Rahm

Those a very nice Dave.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

carvercalls

Dave your tallent blows me away :bowingsmilie: Kerry