• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Favorite time of day to hunt

Started by Bopeye, July 10, 2007, 12:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I know you guys get tired of this sort of thing, but it's summer and I'm sick of it. So answer my little poll and then you can go pout about it.  :biggrin: :wink:

Who knows, you might even want to give a little reason on why you prefer the time of day that you do.
Is it because you think you have a better chance at a coyote or is that the best time for you to hunt due to jobs, family, etc?
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

I like to hunt in the morning  It gives me all day to hunt and sometimes i need  that and more to find what what I am hunting for
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

I like mornings in the summer just because it's cooler. :whew: But through my limited experience, my most productive time has been about 9 AM till 4 PM. Middle of the day. :wo:

The Rock

I think there should have been an anytime of day button. I like morning too, Same reason as bncont. You can just stay out til your done or just stay out there if you want. :innocentwhistle:

awh

I like the mornings as well. Being able to spend the entire day with Lil-man and setting up and being there when the woods come alive. Plus as an extra bonus I get to hear the wife fuss about the lights being on, the alarm going off on a Saturday, the dogs barking wanting out which really gets her goose.......Ahhhh, the morning hunt is priceless. Get's even for all those mornings of being woke up by the hair dryer. And the dogs. And the lights. And the alarm......
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Silencer

I prefer fox hunting at night, but I rather coyote hunt right at first light, for some reason I've seen, heard, called more at that time. 

keekee

I haft to go with Mid day! Over the last two years we have put more fur down between 10:00am and 4:00pm than any other time.

I think allot of guys miss some good hunting by just getting out at first light and dark! a little change in tactics and you can score anytime of the day. We call the mid day just as hard as we do first light or last light.

Brent

canine

I like mid day myself. The risk of bumpin one out of an open field at first light keeps me in bed till it's nice and bright. Unless were traveling an hour or two, to an area to hunt, then were up before the birds :sad:

JD

THO Game Calls

To actually hunt, I go with Mid Day too. 

But there is that magic time of day, when you sit down and it's still dark, and just as things begin to come into foccus, and the woods around you start to wake up, that is my favorite time to be out there. 

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
The Call Makers Supply Stoe
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

HaMeR

My favorite is evening but I'm gonna look seriously into the 9AM-5PM shift now. I like mornings alot but after getting up every day between 2:30AM & 5AM for work all week I just don't want to get up some mornings.  :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Troy Walter

All day,every day but I was born poor and have to work.

Jerry Hunsley

I voted in the morning , but I find some of the better hunting Mid day until dark on those overcast balmy days. I have killed lots of coyotes at high noon.  In the summer I like getting out at first break of daylight to avoid the heat . It is a beautiful time  to be out.

Greenside

Strictly from a percentage stand point, I think the first hour or two of daylight are hard to beat. But like others have said coyote call be called successfully just about any time of day. I will say from my experience with spot and call that the midday hours you have a better chance of dealing with what I call passive or indifferent coyotes. You know the ones that you can throw the whole kitchen sink at and all you get is an occasional glance or stand up and look and then lay back down.

I do change tactics during midday by trying to get a little tighter to cover and depending on the season rarely howl.

keekee

Hey Greenside,

"I do change tactics during midday by trying to get a little tighter to cover and depending on the season rarely howl."

I got to ask, why not much howling? You know I do allot of howling and I'm just always digging for diffrent reasons, theory's, and such I'm always interested in every ones tactic's and reasons! Please!...lol

Brent

Jerry Hunsley

Brent, As you probably know, I do a lot of howling , and I mean a lot. I just about always start my set out with a howl all year around, with the exception of a few hurt pup in certain situations. Our coyotes here are pretty responssive to the howls both vocally and just coming to the howl. It doesn't seem to matter what time of year or day.  I know in other parts of the country , it is not like that from what some guys tell me. As to why that is , it may be pressure or not much densities, who knows. I just do what works here in the Dakotas. It's kinda funny and even on the windy days it works.

bowjunkie

well you needed a button to say "all of the above"  :biggrin: because anytime is great when your in my line of work it's when can I get a few hrs away

Jerry Hunsley

canine

I have howled in alot of coyotes in the middle of the day here. With the population increasing, I'm getting vocal responses mid-day as well. The funny thing about my area is, there is also a house in every direction you look. Well, it's not funny,  :confused: But I'm used to it..

JD

Carolina Coyote

Well I've only been Coyote Hunting for the past three years but my favorite time is when I'm out on the stand, This Predator hunting is so addictive that when I'm not out on the stand I'm thinking about where or how I want to make my next stand. Here in the south during the summer its pretty hot during mid-day and its tuff sitting out there sweating so its more pleasent early moring and late evening but I don't rule out anytime of the day or night if I have a good hunting buddy and a good spot to call,I'm ready to go. cc

MI VHNTR

I prefer to hunt at first light in the morning. The coyotes generally sound off on their own and can be quite responsive to howling at this time. I'll hunt any time of the day, but this is my favorite time to be out hunting. Besides, you still have the rest of the day to hunt too. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB