• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Arkansas Valley Fair.....

Started by Purgatory_Predator_Calls, August 18, 2007, 10:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

A while back I posted the below call.....(Ebony call on the right)

Said it wasn't for sale as I had something in store for it.  I had plans to enter this call in the wood workers section of the Arkansas Valley Fair here in Colorado. 

A little while after I made up a call for Todd. (Amboyna call in the center of the photo)  I was so pleased with the way it came out that I asked Todd if he would not mind if I hung on to it and entered the two as a set. 

Well by god, they had the judging last Wednesday and the results are in......

Now keep in mind that this was not a call makers contest, rather a wood working contest.  But I'm still pretty pleased with 1st place.  I won't lie it's gonna be kind of hard to part with this call now, but I gave my word that It'll be in the mail Monday and it WILL be in the mail on Monday. 

Thanks for looking guys,

Joey

When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

iahntr

Scott

bowjunkie

:congrats: :congrats: now thats just awesome great job and Todd gets to have a "special" call added congrats to ya both  :yoyo:

CypressSlough

Congrats Joey. Awesome feat to pull 1st place over all of the other woodworking items. It really proves your attention to detail and great craftsmanship.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

That's really cool, congratulations!!
CHAD

Todd Rahm

What can I say.  :biggrin:

Except honored to own a winning call from a great and winning call spinner.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

But Joey if ya really want to keep the set, by all means do so and we can just work out another call.  :wink: ;yes; I'm serious.

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Negative sir.  We made a deal and by god we'll be stickin to it.  I plan on hunting with the ebony call and lanyard and need the open space for an open reed. 

Glad you like her sir.

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Brad H

Very cool, Joey. And I'm impressed....youi're a stand up guy.

Brad

kiyitec

Congrats on the blue ribbon.  Make sure and send Todd A signed & framed 8x10 of that picture of you with the call.  Ought to look good over the fireplace!    Seriously, maybe A scan of the award and writeup emailed over would be A neat touch while preserving A little history?  I dunno, just A thought.
  Love the calls, bro.  Keep'em coming!  ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Arkyyoter

Out - freakin'- standing!!!!!!  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:

Bob D

Congratulations ! All of those calls look like blue ribbon winners to me :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

Yoey,

Way to go!  I guess the judges know quality when they see it and that call has woodworking quality written ALL over it.

Yerry

keekee

Congrads!!!! Thats cool! Todd's a lucky dude, that will go real well with his collection!

Todd by the way have I ever told you I hate you? :biggrin:

Brent

Todd Rahm

:roflmao: Yip, at least 3 or 4 other times, but they all seem to be based around the same type of subjects..........................CALLS.  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin: :wink:

keekee

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Brent

Fireball221

Congrats Joey, looks excellent.  Todd, you truly are getting a winner there  :biggrin: "Pun Intended".  Joey I brought my zia symbol open reed call with me to New Mexico for my brothers wedding and am hoping to steal a chance to get out and call some critters in with it.  I'll keep you posted.  Later,
Dave