• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

THEY WIPED ME OUT!

Started by browning204, August 27, 2007, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

So I logged onto my online banking site to see what I had for a balance to see if I was gonna send out my rent check.

After logging on I notice that my account was NEGATIVE $260!!!

I was like WTF! I know I have more $ than that!

While looking at my account history I notice that all the withdrawals are dated today, a bunch for $100 a bunch fir $150 a couple for $200 and so on.

I was like oh crap, someone is wiping me out!! So I call my bank and they shut down the account, stop my ATM card and all that junk.

The lady at the bank said that all the withdrawals are coming from Yahoo advertising. Someone had opened 2 accounts with them in my name, my bank number and even used my E-mail.

I thought it was weird a couple days ago that I was getting E-mails saying thank you for opening up a yahoo ad account and stuff. I just thought it was spam and put them in my recycle bin.

Long story short, After a bunch of phone calls and pacing around, my account is shut down, my ATM card is useless and now I am in the hole.

I called Yahoo advertising and they killed those 2 accounts and told me that they most likely won't find out who did this.

I did however did find out when and where my card # was stolen.

The other night I ordered a product from a well known hunting product company. The hackers got into their system and stole the info. I am not the only one this happened to.

I contacted that company to tell them what happened and they pretty much already knew and where gonna contact me today.

The thieves got $1400 from me! I am pissed!!

so boys, be carefull and watch your accounts!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

rainshadow1

What company got hacked? I placed an order or two lately.

FinsnFur

That Sucks!

It amazes me that in todays world people still use scripts on their sites that call for credit card numbers on a completely unsecured http server.

Every site I've ever built takes the customer straight to PayPal for the credit card transaction. No worries, and no cc information is stored on their/my server.

A word of advice. Do not enter any bank, card or checking information on any site that does not start with HTTPS
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

browning204

I would rather not say what company had the problem as to not give good guys bad props.

If you wanna tell me where you ordered from, if you ordered from this company then I will PM you.

I don't think the hackers got a bunch of info. Me and 1 other as far as I know. I am expecting a call back from them soon

to see how it is going and to see if I will get what I ordered.

Pilgrim

Was your ATM card Visa backed?  If so, you're only held accountable for $50.

browning204

yes it is Visa backed, but the bank said they would refund my money, probably go after yahoo for it. And yahoo said they would refund my money. I suspect 1 of those companies will pull through, if not I will check into the visa thing.

If it was like $100 thats one thing, but $1400 is not even cool.

I feel bad for the others that this happened to, at least I have other accounts to hold me over, someone else maybe not so fortunate and maybe can't feed their kids or something till they get their money back.

I hate peole who do stuff like that!!! :argh:

wv_yoter

Browning, I'm sorry to hear that. I had my blazer stole once , and the pricks took all my tools , radio , carharts, everything. the real kick in the nuts was that I only had liability and it didn't cover anything. But the cops found my blazer  a week later up in Ohio out of gas in a field. :argh:
Jason

browning204

vvarmitr

Man Browning that stinks! :mad2:

It always bugs me to order stuff on line. So sorry they got you. :sad:

Now my question is did this company you ordered from have a "HTTP" thingie that Jimbo mentioned?

wv_yoter

Yes they drove it out into a field and poured oil or something all over it , the cops said they were probably going to try to burn it . So I had to drive up to New Philadelphia and pay to get it out of the junk yard and drive three hours home.
Jason

vvarmitr

The next you come to New Philadelphia it won't have to be all bad. We'll go hunting!!! :biggrin:  I just live over in Dover. :wink:

wv_yoter

VV, I appreciate the offer and hopefully someday I can take you up on it.
Jason

Bopeye

That's a real bummer..... :argh:

I don't care if it's $1400 or $14........stealing is stealing. Cut 'em low if ya find 'em.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

MI VHNTR

String 'em up. It'll teach 'em a lesson. $#@%$#@^%$#@ thieves. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

vvarmitr

Quote from: wv_yoter on August 27, 2007, 08:52:40 PMBut the cops found my blazer  a week later up in Ohio out of gas in a field. :argh:

Sure come on up WVY, it'll only cost you a tank of gas.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

awh

Happened to me two years ago. They took everything and after talking to the bank for several days and goining through all the paper work, they call me back to tell me it's some girl from out west buying all the crap and having it shipped to other states. They said since they had already refunded my money they were going after her. Last I heard about it. And yeap, it sucks big time.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

wv_yoter

Quote from: vvarmitr on August 28, 2007, 06:11:15 AM

Sure come on up WVY, it'll only cost you a tank of gas.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
I should have seen that one coming. :laugh3:
Jason

browning204

Quote from: vvarmitr on August 27, 2007, 09:05:48 PM
Man Browning that stinks! :mad2:

It always bugs me to order stuff on line. So sorry they got you. :sad:

Now my question is did this company you ordered from have a "HTTP" thingie that Jimbo mentioned?

I am not sure, I have ordered junk on the net since the net has been out and never had a problem. I don't really look for

the little secure lock picture or anything like that. But I bet it will be more secure now!

bigben

I had 12  bucks charged to my account there about a month ago.  I knew that I did not make the purchase and immediatly had my card canceled.  asked the clerk when I was to expect my new one they said it would be at most 2 days.  a week went by and I finally got it.  but I pay a bunch of my bills over the phone with the visa check card.  of course it wasn't till I realized that I could not pay my bills with it that it was really a inconvience.  I went to the bank pulled what I needed for the week in cash and then placed the cash that was not going to bills into savings.  more of a pain in the rear then anything.   
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silencer

Sorry to hear, I hope it wasnt Wing Supply... I just ordered a bunch of mallard dekes and goose socks  :shck: