• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Temps droppin, anyone been out?

Started by FinsnFur, September 14, 2007, 08:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Last couple days up here the mercury didnt get above 60 degrees. Tonight their talking a low of of 36  :eyebrow:
Anyone been out calling yet, or scouting?

Young of the year are going to be ready and willing, better get em before the deer hunters start spreadin em out.
I'm thinking about doing some touring Sunday morning
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

wv_yoter

High of 65 Saturday,  I'm going out in the evening. :biggrin:
Jason

Bob D

Our lows are higher than 70 here. Gotta wait a while longer for the cooler weather.

nailbender

Scouting yes, no calling yet.  Combines are just getting started around here.  Gettin gthe fur shed ready. Headinfto the ITA convention today.

studabaka

I've been out mornings and evenings for a week bow hunting and have only seen a fawn, a small doe, and heard one snort. It's been so hot and dry that I think the critters aren't movin till well after dark and bedin down before dawn. Got rained on good last evening and the temps are lower, so maybe things will start changing...... though cover is still real thick.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

THO Game Calls

I got up to go this morning, hoping to beat the front that was coming in, but it was pouring rain.  Tomorrow morning though should be nice, and I will be out then.  Woods should be nice and quiet too.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Jrbhunter

I was out Friday and Saturday night, man what beautiful weather!  Clear skies... very little moonlight... 46 degrees.   Called in a gray fox and two coyotes, killed both coyotes.  I'll wait on some prolonged periods of cool weather before I get real serious about calling- hopefully within the next month.    Sure was nice to see a little glimmer of hope after this insanely hot summer.

Here's one from Friday night-

FinsnFur

Mother nature fooled us today. 86 degrees.
two days ago it was 54  :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Red Dog

Been in the 40's at night here in N.E. Ohio. Got a call from the owner of one of the farms I got to hunt.
He said the yotes have been howling 3 nights now. :yoyo: Going to give it a go Sat.

MI VHNTR

I took my nephew out Sat. morning. It was a balmy 26 degrees when we went to setup. A fox responded to the call, but the fox season isn't open yet, so it got a free pass. The coyotes howled in the distance when I started the second setup, but no takers. Lots of wolf sign too. Other than the fox and a hawk, it was a pretty uneventful day. Still, it sure was nice to get out and enjoy the morning. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

vvarmitr

WOLF sign! :shck:

Can you shoot 'em where you're at? :shrug:

KillerCaller!

Vvarmitr, not yet. I think the 6 deer left in the UP hope they can start as soon as possible though. What can MI do to better manage it's deer herd? Take out somel wolves, of course.

MI VHNTR

Quote from: vvarmitr on September 18, 2007, 08:32:57 AM
WOLF sign! :shck:

Can you shoot 'em where you're at? :shrug:

Heavens no, you can't shoot the poor defenselss wolves.  :shrug:  We've got to have the wolves here so that the tree huggers can get a "true wilderness experience" while visiting the area. After all, you haven't been in the wild until you've heard a wolf howl at night.  :puke:  MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

FinsnFur

Sure ya can MI VHNTR, just buy a house next door to one of our Call Makers  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nailbender

:roflmao:  Just had a neighbor ask me if I heard all the coyotes the other nite! :roflmao: :innocentwhistle:

onecoyote

Been calling since July and Aug, called in lots of young pups and adults coyotes but ain't killed a one. I'm training the coyotes on how to servive the wave of coyote callers that well be after there tails this fall.

weedwalker

Quote from: nailbender on September 18, 2007, 10:35:24 PM
   :roflmao:  Just had a neighbor ask me if I heard all the coyotes the other nite! :roflmao: :innocentwhistle:

:roflmao: Find a good looking farm to hunt and for a week straight, go howling around there after dark. At the end of the week, go ask for permission to hunt coyotes. It works. :eyebrownod:

vvarmitr

Quote from: weedwalker on September 19, 2007, 05:56:00 AM:roflmao: Find a good looking farm to hunt and for a week straight, go howling around there after dark. At the end of the week, go ask for permission to hunt coyotes. It works. :eyebrownod:

Genius, sheer genius!  :roflmao:  Know why didn't I think of that? :confused:

Better print up some more permission slips, I think I'm going to need them. :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on September 19, 2007, 05:56:00 AM

:roflmao: Find a good looking farm to hunt and for a week straight, go howling around there after dark. At the end of the week, go ask for permission to hunt coyotes. It works. :eyebrownod:

Hmm.....why would ya want to hunt what ain't there?   :confused: