• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by DirtyDog, September 30, 2007, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Went yote hunting this morning, first stand, had  a young one come in behind us, catch our scent trail and take off. On the second stand, after the second series, I see a young yote walking right to me. At 20 yards, I shoot the 12ga #4 shot (in accordance with Tennessee law) right in its face. It runs, so I put another shot in it, knock the dang thing down, and it still runs. Not a drop of blood or anything, I don't think I hurt the dang thing.   :rolleye: The whole hunt was a first for me. First confirmed coyote called, and first one shot at. Oh well, maybe next time.  :wink:

FinsnFur

You weren't down in Phoenix swimming were you?

I'm kdding ya, at least ya called one in. Still considered a successful stand.  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

We will call that a Good job Doggie
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

THO Game Calls

They have a will to survive and are tough animals.   I've seen them shot with 270's and get up and run.  In a case like this you have to respect them for their will to live and hope they survive to be called another day.

The thrill is is geting then to come to the call anyway right?   The kill is just icing on the cake.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

DirtyDog

Al.......you are absolutly right. It was a blast.

By the way, that particular series was with the Dogwood Creek that I bought from RJ.

rwehuntn

Congratulations on the successful calling. Keep after them and it will all come together. As far as them running off, they are tough little boogers. I shot one through both shoulders with a 100 grain 243 slug two years ago, only to watch it run down the hill laying on its side because both of its front legs did not work. I had to put another round through its head to stop it.

rwehuntn

browning204

Quote from: THO Game Calls on October 01, 2007, 08:43:49 AM
They have a will to survive and are tough animals.   I've seen them shot with 270's and get up and run.  In a case like this you have to respect them for their will to live and hope they survive to be called another day.

The thrill is is geting then to come to the call anyway right?   The kill is just icing on the cake.

Al

Remember that one I drilled twice with the .223? Yeah he was all set with dieing that morning!!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

studabaka

Bummer on the dog running off.... but man, really excellent ya called in two and got a shot on one. I expect you'll be posting fur real soon  :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

THO Game Calls

I told you Mike, not enough gun LOL.  You go shootng a 60 pound pissed off coyote with one of them little out west 223 guns you're just asking for trouble.   If that creek had not been there, he might have come over and bit ya just for ruining his day   :roflmao:    :roflmao:

But the thing I remember MOST about that coyote was when he popped out of the woods 20 yards from you right where I told you he would.

The looks on both your faces was PRICELESS  Neither one of you knew weather to crap or get off the pot -  :roflmao:   :roflmao:

But you recoverd enough to get off three rounds in him -and he still got away.  Wish we would have found him, but bloodtrailing on your hands and knees into what we were about to get into is not a lot of fun.   He either died or he didn't.  Either way, there's more up there and we will get another one to come out in the same spot.  They always do.

Al

onecoyote

Wait a minute  :nofgr:I killed around 80 of those out west coyotes with a 223 last couple years, none of em moved, all dead on the spot. Oh, I forgot to say I was using 64 gr bullets out of a 223 WSSM :biggrin:

THO Game Calls

Yeah, but you HIT them.  He needs a bigger bullet so he stands a better chance of winging one  :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:    :roflmao:

If my house burns down tonight, Browning204 did it  :roflmao:

AL

browning204

your house will not burn down, I promised my parole officer that I would stick to simple assualt and give the arson a rest! :laf:

But seriously, You know I hit him in the neck, and then the shot I put in his back side kinda put him down for a minute.

With that blood trail, there is no dought.

Your correct, if that water wasn't between us, you would have had a double!!! You would have to shoot both of us to stop the wrestling match!!!

And I musta looked pretty stupid! I was expecting a Deer or Moose with all that noise he made coming in.

When you wanna get back out there, let me know.

THO Game Calls

It will have to be soon as the Black powder season and then gun season will put a damper on that spot until mid December.

I picked up a couple stray cats for bait/decoys so we should be all set  :eyebrownod:

Al

wv_yoter

That's a bummer DirtyDog, but it sounds like it's only a matter of time before you cash in.
Jason

DirtyDog

Exactly wv_yoter, I have a totally new level of confidence in my calling that I never had.

It is on now.  :biggrin:

Bopeye

I know a guy that shot one at about 30 yards with #4 birdshot out of a 10 gauge. He had the same results......... :doh2:

:wo: I wonder if it's the load?  :confused: :eyebrownod:

Nice calling and shooting Snoop Dawg!!!  :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

I am going to be switching to a 22mag or HMR real soon.  :wink:

If I would have had either, it would have been dead (right beyween the eyes).

browning204

Quote from: THO Game Calls on October 01, 2007, 07:21:34 PM
It will have to be soon as the Black powder season and then gun season will put a damper on that spot until mid December.

I picked up a couple stray cats for bait/decoys so we should be all set  :eyebrownod:

Al

I have a 120 pound st. bernard that we can tie to a tree for bait!!!!  Just don't tell my g/f I said that!!! 

whenever is good for you.   I WILL DRIVE!!!!!

coyotehunter_1

Hey Joe, good calling!!!  :highclap:

I know you hated to have a runner but it happens at times. Yep, #4 bird coyote shot sucks but you were following our state's game laws.  Maybe, in the future, our regs will change.

22 Mag..... 40 grain Winchester Super-X,  Jacketed Hollow Points (in the silver box).  :wink: 

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

keekee

Good calling dude! Sounds you you did everything right. You can blame the DNR for having such crazy laws for loosing that coyote. I don't know what they were think when they done that.

Brent