• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A Custom Order

Started by Braz, November 11, 2007, 11:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braz

This set is already sold. It was a special order that I think turned out really well, so though I would share it with you.

I had a hunter contact me several weeks ago about making him a 4 call set. He wanted a complete set, a Cottontail call, a Jackrabbit call, an open reed distress call and a howler. He also wanted the calls to be a matching set. He, at first, wanted the set to made from Colorwood, using a color of one that I had made in the past and he had seen. When we found out that the wood was not available, as it was a special order color, he decided to go with Dymondwood. I gave him a color chart and he selected a Dymondwood color called Raspberry Twist. With that I placed the order for the wood and waited.

Well, on Nov 7 the wood finally came in. That's when my work began. I cut pieces, drilled them, turned them, sanded them, and buffed them. They came out looking great. All four calls, from the same stick of wood, all the same color, just slightly different shapes. Let me explain the shapes. For the howler, it is the largest, naturally, giving it the ability to reach out. Then there is the open reed distress. A bit smaller and a different shape. The reason is, at night he can tell the difference between the two just by feel. Then there are the two closed reed calls, one for a Cottontail and one for a Jack. Again different shapes, again for the same reason. To tell the difference without looking. But which is which? Naturally, the fatter, or larger of the two would be for the Jack, while the smaller, more diminutive shape is for the Cottontail. I think the set really came out looking great and he is very pleased.

Enough yapping, here is a picture of the set.

Braz

vvarmitr

Those barrels have either X's or O's and they're pinkish. Sure you didn't make these for a lady friend? :wo:

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

All kidding aside ... very well executed set!  :thumb2:

Braz

Quote from: vvarmitr on November 12, 2007, 08:33:51 AM
Those barrels have either X's or O's and they're pinkish. Sure you didn't make these for a lady friend? :wo:

:roflmao: No, actually, the guy picked out the colors himself. Says it takes a "Real Man" to hunt with pink.   :laf: Thanks for the nice comments.
Braz

FinsnFur

Those turned out sharp looking. Pink or not I think they look kinda cool. Nice job
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pa hunter

to nice to take hunting like the color different but vary nice

frshwtr

i'll agree on the color, besides he probably wont come across anybody else useing that color so thwy wont be trying to steal (make that borrow) his calls.