• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Dirtydog Scores....FINALLY!!!!!!

Started by DirtyDog, December 01, 2007, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Well guys, I finally did it. I started predator hunting in January, and today, I got my first yote. I drove three hours this morning at 3:00 to Jackson TN to a freind of mine. The first farm we came up empty. On the first stand at the second farm, the local dog was called in to the Foxpro and decoy. We played with it for a few minutes, I laughed pretty hard on that one. Sorry for the bad pic.

On our 12th and final stand, I looked up right in front of me to see 2 small yotes waliking up the tree line. I told Randy that they were there and he shut off the Foxpro. When he did, the yote sat down for a perfect dead on shot at about 60 yards. I DRILLED it. So after a series of pup wines, we start to walk over there. Almost at the tree line, a small deer jumps out of the CRP and scares the bejeebeies out of me. When we get to the spot where the yote was, it is drenched in blood, and there is a good blood trail. Well if it didn't run through the thickest part of the counrty. Finnally, down by the creek, I see it laying. Randy starts moving towards it and he says it up, its up. He was able to get a shot off at it, but I think he missed. He got over to where it was laying, and finished it off.

It was a young pretty looking redish yote. I probably would have skinned it out if had I not blown out it's guts. When it sat down, the 22-250 Vmax hit a tad low and caught it's guts and just destroyed them. That yote ran at least 100 yrds with no guts.  :shck: So then on the way back to the truck, Randy finds a dollar sitting in the middle of the field. What are the chances of that. It was a great day all around.  :wink:

KySongDog

Great story and congrats, DD!   You've worked hard for it.   :congrats:

Semp

Mallardsr

Congrats on the kill. Way to go!   :highclap:  RP

Jimmie in Ky

Congrats on finally getting that first one. What grain bullet, 50 or 55? Jimmie

studabaka

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Cool deal Joe..... 12 stands and driving at 3  :shck: You were certainly committed. Glad it played out with your first fur down.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on December 01, 2007, 07:14:51 PM
Congrats on finally getting that first one. What grain bullet, 50 or 55? Jimmie

They were the 40 grains. That is the ones my gun liked the best.  :wink:

wv_yoter

Jason

nailbender

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Bills Custom Calls

About time I was getting tired of hearing you Whine about it  :roflmao: :laf:   Just joking Joe

Congrats  :yoyo: Great job Now get up here and show me how to do it

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Way to go Joe!! I'm happy for you buddy!! Hope you bust a bunch of em now!! :wink:

We'll get you some fur Bill!! :wink:  I'll do what I can to help!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

CCP

Congratulations  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: Glad it all came through and was a great day.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

DirtyDog

Thanks fellas.....I am pumped now.  :yoyo:

ozarkyoter

Got the first one out of the way. :highclap:  Now you can get after them.  Good story and pics.

Jim

Jeb

Congrats !!!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
                Jeb

ROOSTER

FinsnFur

FUR DOWN!!

Congrats! Dont ya just love it?  :eyebrownod: Hey by the way I lost a buck out there. I know the odds are slim but you didnt happen to see it blowing around anywhere did you?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

songdog

weedwalker

Way To Go DD. :yoyo: That 1st one can be the hardest one. You even got a rebate for the bullet. :eyebrownod:

Arkansas lineman

Hey that was my dollar.  Congrats!  :biggrin: