• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Gloves?

Started by browning204, December 03, 2007, 08:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

So in this cold weather, while on stand and sitting really still, my fingers get cold and go numb.

I have those gloves inside mittens things but still my fingers get cold.

Anyone have any good gloves that they know of that will keep my fingers warm and I will still be able to pull a trigger??

Thanks for any ideas you might have.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

HaMeR

Can you get a hand warmer packet between the gloves & mittens?? I seen a pair of those with pockets in them just for the warmers somewhere. :confused:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

I bought a pair of real nice white insulated gloves to match my snow camo a couple years ago. Light in weight, and pretty expensive. They seemed liked the cats aaaaaaa :whew:  when I got them.
Turns out my fingers still got cold too :sad:

Now I use a pair of the big all wool mittens that have the little slit near the finger tips so you can slip your fingers through when need be.  :yoyo: Never had cold hands since, and they were cheap.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

straycat

Try sticking one of those disposable hand warmers on the inside of your glove,on the back of your hand.That's where most of your circulation and hand heat loss is at.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bullet

Find a ski shop and get a pair of polypropylene glove liners, or better yet a pair of silk glove liners.  Both will wick the moisture off you and into the outer layers of clothing.  You can also get them in socks and long johns.  If that doesn't work ask your mailman what they use, because that is what I used but I have been retired quite a few years.

Hawks Feather

From the looks of the news, you not only need gloves, but  some tall boots.  They say we will get some of the white stuff starting tomorrow night, but only a couple of inches.

Jerry

frshwtr

go with the mittens with the finger slot, my fingers get cold in gloves mostly because i cant find gloves to fit; my fingers are short and fat. the only gloves that have worked even a little for me are knit with half fingers, got them at everyones store (wally world). as far as the disposable hand wormers, go ahed and put them in said mittens  an the back of your hand, toasty toes makes a smaller model with sticky on the back, kind of reminds you of a femine hygene item.

browning204

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 03, 2007, 09:34:33 PM
From the looks of the news, you not only need gloves, but  some tall boots.  They say we will get some of the white stuff starting tomorrow night, but only a couple of inches.

Jerry

ya we got a bunch sunday night, it makes for alot of hard work. But the hunting should be better.

Thanks guys, I will try the hand warmers, on the back of my hand this time.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

bigben

I have been wearing the mittens that you can fold back the mitten part then your fingers are exposed.  i need to keep my right hand warm because of a table saw accident.  when my shooting finger gets cold I cannot bend it and that could cause a problem. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

The difference between mittens & gloves is that each individual finger has to keep itself warm in a glove with cold air all around it whereas all of your fingers & the rest of the hand share the warmth in a mitten. :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

keekee

I went to the military surplus store and picked up a set of wool glove liners. I bought them to big for me. Then I went over to the working mans store and bought a pair of seal skin gloves. I bought them skin tight. I put them on first and then the wool liners over them. They work great, no cold hands. It has to get in the low digits before I even need the seal skin gloves. Most of the time the wool does the job.

Note though the seal skin makes your hands stink if you wear them all day.

Brent

FinsnFur

I bet that was a sight for sore eyes. Brent in a workin man's store  :nono:

Ok... that was uncalled for. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

keekee

I wasn't in there because I wanted to be! If it had not been for hunting I wouldn't of been there....lol

Brent

TNyoteboy

Quote from: HaMeR on December 04, 2007, 09:59:04 AM
The difference between mittens & gloves is that each individual finger has to keep itself warm in a glove with cold air all around it whereas all of your fingers & the rest of the hand share the warmth in a mitten. :biggrin:

I've gotten to the point where I draw my fingers back into the glove just to stay warm now, and it's not even that cold yet. 28 this morning. Too many jambed fingers back in HS playing football.
Great hunter...Yes?....Yessss
Fine figure of a man?....Yes
That is all you need to know...for now!

HaMeR

I do that too. But not when it's 28*. Thats just too warm for gloves!! :laf: :laf:

Thats why mittens work better than gloves.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

centerfire_223

Brent those seal skin gloves of yours must have been made with the skin from around the butt to cause all of that stink.  :biggrin:

My problem with cold hands is my hads sweat so bad in gloves, the only gloves I wear are those brown jersey cotton gloves. When it is really cold down here (about 20 or so) I will put another pair of those inside the others. That is all I ever wear but then again I am not in the cold weather like yall are.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

HaMeR

I was at a Dicks Sporting Goods store one day & say glove liners that you put on when your hands are warm. Then your regular gloves over them. They are supposed to retain the heat while letting the moisture escape. Maybe you can find something like that down there. We have almost another inch of snow this AM too!! :thumb2: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: centerfire_223 on December 07, 2007, 05:14:45 AM

When it is really cold down here (about 20 or so)

:roflmao: :roflmao:

We dont even put our lawn chairs away for the year until it get down to -20 below  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

centerfire_223

20 below... your nuts to live where it gets that cold.  :roflmao:  There is no way I could take it, now don't get me wrong I like cold weather but not that cold. The coldest I can ever remember hunting in is about 0 degree's maybe.

I guess it is something that you just get used to and how to dress for it. Maybe one of these days I will get a chance to come up that way for a cold weather hunt. Someone will just have to let me borrow some WARM clothes!!!!!!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

centerfire,

Your body does get used to it and it only takes about 7 or 8 years.  When you come to hunt you can practice ahead of time by sleeping for several weeks in a freezer with your current warmest clothes.  The freezer won't be as cold as it is here but at least you will know what it feels like to have frostbite and your eyes frozen open.

Jerry