• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Joey made me do it!

Started by Hawks Feather, December 04, 2007, 02:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I was exchanging PMs with Joey last night and he mentioned that he had a knife that he needed to get done for a birthday present.  It got me started thinking that I had a couple of knife blades that needed to be finished as well.  After all, CHRISTmas is coming and I haven't gotten much yet for Becky.  So I finished this one with Dymondwood handles while waiting on coats of oil to dry (a bit) on a couple of calls.  I don't know if it will fit Becky's hand, but I like it and know that it fits mine (7 3/8 inches long).  The best part about working on this one is that I didn't get cut once.  That could be a bad sign since I usually end up with at least one band-aid per knife.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Pretty slick. :congrats:
Now let's see a whole kitchen set  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Troy Walter

Nice Jerry,look like a great skinning knife.I have never done a knife but maybe someday.

Jeb

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 04, 2007, 04:32:00 PM
Pretty slick. :congrats:
Now let's see a whole kitchen set  :eyebrownod:

LOL :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Nice knife !  :congrats: :congrats:
          Jeb

Braz

Nice. I've been playing with a couple of knives. I've done one, my first one ever, and have started on a couple of more. I like doing them. Something different from turning, and a nice break. And like you say, good gifts for someone who doesn't use the predator calls.
Braz

finhunter

Hey that's pretty nifty, what kind of steel is the blade?
FinHunter

" I've spent most of my life hunting and fishing. The rest of the time was just wasted."

HuntnCarve

Must be a "knife" kind of day?  Here's three that I just finished carving for a fellow this evening.  Got names carved on the back of each knife.  Jerry, if you want a name carved on your knife, just send it on out here and I'll carve it for you?  Give me a holler if you are interested?
Dave

keekee

Looks good Jerry!

Dave as always those are nice!

Brent

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Now those are REAL knives.  This one is just mild steel and will be going in the kitchen, but I do have some "real" blades and may take you up on that offer later this winter.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Isn't that cute when two craftsmen come together.
:roflmao:

Hawks Feather

V. V.

What is that old saying that Bop uses?     :wink:

Jerry

FinsnFur

OOoooo!   :holdon:  OOoooo!   :holdon:  OOOOOOO!  Can I!! ??  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Yer,

I'm glad I made you do it and dang glad you didn't loose any DNA in the process.   :biggrin:  I always consider it a victory when that happens. 

Seriously though, looks good to me.  I can't wait see those real blades you'r "sitting on" so to speak... :biggrin:  :roflmao:

Yoey

And holy freakin smokes Dave,   :sick2: That muley is out freaking standing.... Heck there all pretty outstanding!! :highclap: :highclap:
Truely beautiful!!!

When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

songdog

My oh my what a nice set of knives you have...... :biggrin: