• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

some pics

Started by Brad H, December 07, 2007, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

This is all I have for now. I do have some live shots of the cat but they're on the work phone and I don't have what I need to pull them off of it.

No pics of coyotes yet. Two have been caught but taken care of by my trapping helpers.

The cat and badger were in the same place. The live badger was taken an hour later in a different place.

All by leg holds so far. I need more snare experience I think.

BTW, badgers suck ass to skin and flesh.

Brad

FinsnFur

Awesome pics Brad :yoyo: :yoyo: :biggrin: That badger looks pretty plump :eyebrownod:

Quote from: Brad H on December 07, 2007, 11:56:17 PM

BTW, badgers suck ass to skin and flesh.

BOYyyyyyyyy!! You said I mouthful there. I can vouch for every word of that  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trappinjohn

Nice pics!

I'd like to catch a badger and find out, probably won't happen in PA.

DirtyDog

Nice work Brad........

Man I can't wait to get started.

Arkansas lineman

Nice Pics :thumb2:
Brad try e-mailing your pics on your phone to your home pc.I do it all the time.

vvarmitr

Boy, that's a nice speckled cat.
That fanged groundhog looks like he's got a fine coat too. :eyebrow:

Hawks Feather

Brad,

Nice looking critters, but I need to ask.  Is that cat really large or is the badger rather small.  Not that it makes any difference as far as being a good catch, I am just looking at the pictures and thought they have a large size difference.  But then, I have never caught either one and have only seen the cats in the zoo.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Man thats a fat ba...........................dger!  :innocentwhistle: and a beautiful cat to boot. Looks like ya need to put that fleshing beam by the stove to work.  :wink:

Hows the kids digging the trap line?

Brad H

I've never caught or even skinned a badger before. On Friday I caught, skinned and fleshed these two, and I gotta tell ya, I won't feel the same the next time I see one in one of my traps. It just ain't right.

That picture is a little deceiving. The badger is hanging further back and lower down. The cat isn't that big, and even though the badger is a fairly small one, it had a good 5 pounds on the cat and I felt every bit of it on the 1/2 mile walk back.

The other spot where I trap close the the roads is where the big badger is taking a break from his renovation. That's where I take the kids but this time no one wanted to come. Figures. They liked seeing the dead stuff anyway. It's funny watching a 7yo look at a dead badger trying to figure out what it is or if it's even dead yet LOL.

Brad

OKTrap

cb223

Very cool, nice work!
CHAD

Brad H

A L,

Sorry, missed ya there and too late to edit my last one...

The ol work phone is pretty much locked up and blocked out. No TM's, no emailing, internet, or adding clever ring tones.  :sad:

But there is a way to get these off the phone and on to a PC so if they're worth posting I'll sure do it. Either way, I'll make it right with the next catch!

Thanks everyone!!

Brad

Drifter

Making me think about packing the camera along agian .  so far tween the wife and I got 35 coyotes . We both are pat time trapping in Illinois . Found my new job is interfearing with my trapping worse then my old job  :shrug: 12 hour night shift isn't an improvement LOL . She had me down by 8 early on but I slid back into one ahead of her now  :eyebrownod:

Drifter

Brad H

Mine won't have anything to do with a dead, (or live wild animal for that matter) but I've got a friend that helps me out with my line when I'm at work.

It's been dead slow here. The weather is far too warm, but the calling has been good. I've also been droping the ball on bringing the camera but I'll try to make up for it in the coming months.

Cat season is almost over. The quota for my area is as good as hit. So I'll be concentrating on coyotes for the next 6 or 7 weeks.

My latest catch in a #3 Victor double long spring...

keekee

Nice coon Brad! Looks like a big ol boy to!

Brent

FinsnFur

That DOES look like a big ole boy  :eyebrownod: I'm looking forward to some of your Coyote pics.. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jrbhunter

Brad, it looks like you found the Al Gore of the badger world.  A big fat pacifist.    I haven't seen many with that attitude in a trap! LOL!

Nelson

Man, that's a big coon!!  He looks like he would weigh 25-30#.
Did you happen to weigh him?

Nelson

Brad H

Good analogy Jason. At least a Hillary badger would have at least offered me a ride to the next set for a pardon.

Didn't weigh him. But he had to be 30. That was a load to haul on the 1/2 mile walk.

Brad