Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

candy bar   lmao :roflmao: :roflmao:

THO Game Calls

I wonder if some places that it might be considered baiting?  They would have to be down wind of you for it to work.  Might work if you were up in a tree stand though.  Can't be any worse than spreading peanut butter on trees on the way to your stand for deer.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bopeye

Quote from: THO Game Calls on January 02, 2008, 09:00:43 PM
Can't be any worse than spreading peanut butter on trees on the way to your stand for deer.

Al

:doh2: I thought I was the only one that use to do the peanut butter thing..............  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

cb223

Quote from: Bopeye on January 02, 2008, 09:32:50 PM

:doh2: I thought I was the only one that use to do the peanut butter thing..............  :wink:

Yea but wasn't that for a snack on the way home?  :innocentwhistle:
CHAD

FinsnFur

What's so funny Jeb?  :shrug:  :laf:

Seriously what's a predator pile?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

weedwalker

Predator pile?  :confused:
Maybe this is what he's talking about Jim. :shrug:

Nelson

Look in the Spring 2008 Cabela's catalog.  Page 435.

Neslson

securpro

Predator Pile Attractant-Bait is the newest attractant used for coaxing all predators by deceiving their nose.  Wildgame Innovations is the first to produce a Highly Concentrated Hunger Stimulant Attractant that resembles a gut pile/harvested animal in a bag.  For years, predator hunters used calls to deceive their sense of hearing.  The use of electronic motion decoys stimulates their sense of sight tricking them into believing there really is an injured animal.  The predator PileTM is the first and only predator attractant that's edible and smells like a fresh gut pile.

Predator hunters have used actual carcasses of dead animals to lure predators to an area where they can be ambushed.  However, hauling and finding animal carcasses is inconvenient.  The Predator PileTM is a Highly Concentrated Hunger Stimulant Attractant that has many uses in luring predators to within gun range.  Trappers can also use the Predator PileTM as bait when trying to lure all predators to their trapping sites.  Hunters who use bait piles to lure predators to a consistent site can now simply use the Predator PileTM as a management tool in eliminating unwanted predators around their precious stock
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

onecoyote

This could all be true, but it's not a new idea. Trappers have been using lure and bait for years as have some wise predator hunters. Misting is another way to play with a coyotes nose.
I can understand using this idea in areas where there are not many predators by putting it out to get the animals in the area so they can be hunted.
Using it as a cover scent, like everything else ever tried on a coyotes nose, is not going to work.

northern coyote

wouldnt that do almost the same trick as us a coyote bomb (the mistinng urine) with rabbit urine?
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

onecoyote

The coyote bomb from what I hear makes lots of noise, like spraying paint coming out of a can. Again, the coyote bomb well not fool a coyotes nose, only confuse it a little when it gets downwind.
I don't think this new product "predator pile" is ment to be a cover scent, I believe it is ment to be an attractant, something I have actually tried years ago and it seemed to have worked.

Jrbhunter

Onecoyote, I believe they'll advertise this thing as an attractant, a cover scent and a mouthwash if that's what sells it.   Folks are standing by to gobble up any type of edge they can get- the masses are still extremely ignorant in the ways of succesful coyote hunting and that's what'll continue to sell these silver-bullet products.  I've seen and heard some very outlandish claims by some of these new "Products for Predator Enthusiasts" lately.  I'm not sure how much of it too believe, but there's a guy at our local gunstore that claims to be one of the originators of the Predator Bomb... lord knows he's in there peddling the stuff 30 hours a week with all kinds of outlandish claims.  You can even smell his BS over that rank arosal urine.

onecoyote

Jrbhunter, you know what's going on. Not hard for someone who knows how to play the real predator hunting game to see through all these money making scams. Funny how all these expert predator hunters jump out of the woodwork when it looks like money lol.
In the case of the spray can (coyote bomb), they probably heard of misting ( that's been going on for 40 years ) and thought of a way to put it on the market to make money.
This predator pile sounds like a simple bait or lure that could get the animals in the area, but as you stated it's no silver bullet and just another way to make money.
I could have made money in this sport if I wanted, but I choose to just try and help other predator hunters FOR FREE lol.

Good to see you again Jrbhunter.

FinsnFur

So it's not a candy bar  :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 03, 2008, 06:32:25 PM
So it's not a candy bar  :sad:

I guess that would depend on your definition of a candy bar Jim. :shrug:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

It might help someone that actually hunts during the daytime hours and tries to call them in close rather than lobbing a M203 grenade launcher at them.......... :rolleye:

Bopeye

Having said that...........I don't use none of that crapola!!!  :nono:

bowslinger

sounds like u can make it at home and save money i think i'll try making my own should be fun seeing how i'm new to predator hunting