• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Critiques please....

Started by Arkyyoter, January 17, 2008, 07:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Hi Guys.....still trying to perfect a pup sound....in that tradition, I am asking for input from you guys, and one more board. Looking for opinions/suggestions/ideas on making these as good as I can make them....so if ya got a minute and the inclination, please give these a listen and tell what ya like and don't like or what we might do better...

This first sound was done with a howler....so I put more "guts" in it....some folks don't like the gutteral sound mixed in with hurt dog/pup sounds, but I do....so here is #1

http://www.arkyyoter.net/Sounds/arkypup08.wav

Sound #2 was done with just an open reed call, not a howler....didn't put as much guts in it, more younger pup sounds...

http://www.arkyyoter.net/Sounds/arkypup08b.wav

Both these files are 60 second files.

Joe

Nelson

:shck:  Joe, quit stepping on that pup's foot before he bites you!!!!    :eyebrownod:

They sound great to me.

Nelson

FinsnFur

I'd prefer number 2. It has much more emotion in it.

The first one just seems so hum drum and routine like. Almost like a casual  performance.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

wv_yoter

Joe, I liked number 2 the best. I thought the whines, wimpers, and cries all added to the sound very well. I also liked number 1. :congrats:
Jason

azfester

Arky, they both sound good!! But I like #2 the best.

vvarmitr

The howler is generally the way I do my pup whining & couldn't hear any difference between the way you do it & the way I do it.  Nothing wrong w/ that howler! IMHO

The second was very good also & I really liked that little yip/bark you had half way through.  I've heard pups do that, but not a caller.  Can you do that yip/bark on a howler?

Like you I like that gutteral whine that puppies give when they really have something to complain about.  Actually I've heard that type of whine when a pup has been left alone.  Hmmmm! :wo:

Hawks Feather

Joe,

The sounds on #2 would be my pick.  I have listened to that a couple of times and it almost sounds like there are a couple of calls happening at the same time.  Either that or one of my speakers has a slight delay.   

Jerry

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys....VVarminter....yessir, can do them on a howler...

Yerry....just one call and one reed, maybe you have an echo in your house :) Probably in this cheap computer recording device I have here... like an $8.00 microphone and a built in sound recorder software....

Thanks for your input folks....

Joe

possumal

Joe: They are both good, but I'll vote for #2 overall. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

I liked them both.  It is helpful to listen to how you experts sound on your calls.  Maybe someday I will be able to do as well.  I use the Reese Screamin Meamie to do hurt pup squeals.  Thanks for posting the sounds.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys...

Frogman....looooooong way from an expert here on my end, my kind friend.  But there are some on this board, and I am always all ears to their opinions on sounds...

Joe