• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Went out after work

Started by slagmaker, October 17, 2006, 11:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Ok heres how it went,

Got home form work and changed clothes, threw the gear into the car and headed out. My first chouce of stand was a bust. Most of the field where I wanted to hunt was under about a foot of water. No go there so I figure no bigge head to my other spot on the high ground. Walked around the back water and find that the corn is still up. OH boy, I knew I should have brought the shotgun, well no biggie either I have a couple more spots that I can go to. Get back to the car and head off for a 15 mile trip get to my other spot. I get there and unload my gear back out of the car. Start walking to my spot. Its a sweet little set up nice hill over looking a junction of three low lying areas. Have lots of sighn there so I know exectally where to go. Nice old farm equipment path leads back to where I want to go. so I walk for about a quarter mile get all set up wait about 5 minutes and tun on my spot start calling and wouldnt you know it....FOG.. and I dont mean just a little fog I mean a fog that was so thick my light force turend everyting around me blood red. SO I figured I can thunt in this. I start walking back to the car. By the time I get there I am soaked to the bone. Kind of feel disguested but hey thats the way things go.

I get back home and just finsihsing putting everything away and what do I hear? You guesses it yotes howling out across the filed in an area I cant hunt. Man nights like tonight can really make a man turn to drinking :madd:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

:laf:

doh.. sorry that wasn't funny  :huh:

Been there Slag...but I think your case is a little more intense cuz you got a brand new Lightforce Light your itchin to try out. I'd be mad too.......wait!....I take that back. I'd be drunk by now  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Well I was impressed with the way the lightforce performed till the fog hit. Real clincher was hearing the yotes when I got home. BUT hey the season is stil young and theres always tomorrow night!!

And your right I am jsut itching to use my light

FinsnFur

Your gonna love it, let me tell you that. Maybe I shouldn't rub it in....you'll be back out there tonight again.  :nono:

Did you figure out how to adjust the beam...Grab a hold of the front lip and rotate the head?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

If the fog lays I may, but the weather man says it is here till tomorrow moring late. SO maybe tomorrow night before the rain hits again.

Not sure how the rain is going to effect the yote movement tho. Hopefully it will have them moving around a bit.

horndog

Did you figure out how to adjust the beam...Grab a hold of the front lip and rotate the head? :innocentwhistle: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
LIVE TO HUNT YHE YELLOW DOG

Jerry Hunsley

You'll have to try and get permission from the adjoing landowner and see if he will let you call on his land. That might work.

slagmaker

Would love to but the guy is a real yotes behind. I am gona try and see if I can hunt his land but he dont like anyone but him on it.

Arkyyoter

Hang in there slag.................it gets worse!!!!!  MMuuHHHhahahahahahahah :roflmao:

OK, had to say that....we can't hunt at night here....good thing I guess....I would be divorced by now if we could..... :whew:

Joe

slagmaker

Looks like next weekend I will be hunting down at my old stomping grounds. Be hunting the patoka wildlife refuge and managment area. Got a couple people comming down to join me and my cousin.

Looks like it is shapping up to be a nice hunting get toghether. We have over 12K acres to hunt on down there and the entire place is FULL of yotes.