• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Big Ben ---- ?

Started by Silencer, February 05, 2008, 10:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Did you hear anything on the results of the District 9 NEPA coyote hunt ?  I didnt even send in my app, my weekends are booked all month working  :pout:

bigben

I heard there was 20 or so dogs brought it with 50/50 being male female and 50/50 called/trapped I did not even send it at all for any coyote hunts.  too many others out there that try to stalk a coyote howl.  had it happen once a guy stalked a lone howl and I have a call taped on my foxpro that says"get the hell otta here I am predator hunting"  I waited till he got about 10 ft away from the call and played that, should have seen that fella shit and get when I played that. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silencer

Thanks, didnt think they'd have good number this year with the weather and "yes" unfortunately money makes
people do crazy things like attempting to stalk howls.

bigben

here is what was posted on another board  

"Don't have all the results yet but I know 21 coyotes were weighed in. The heaviest being 43.85lbs. Officially 718 hunters registered. "

"Yea Beagler , Thats the right number 21, half of those were male. The way in which they where taken was also 50/50. Dogs got half and calls ( mouth and electronic ) took the others. I stayed for the meal and it was, as usual very good. I think fridays weather kept the kill down. "

so it was 50/50 callers/dogs not trapped.  sorry bout that fact.  
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silencer

No probs, twice I've been stalked spring gobbler hunting and once my dad's hen deke got shot.

bigben

dads deke got shot also in spring gobbler.  it is amazing that people will shoot a HEN decoy in GOBBLER season.  damn poachers.  I wish I could string em all up by their toenails. 

vvarmitr

Quote from: bigben on February 05, 2008, 10:30:42 AM
had it happen once a guy stalked a lone howl and I have a call taped on my foxpro that says"get the hell otta here I am predator hunting"  I waited till he got about 10 ft away from the call and played that, should have seen that fella shit and get when I played that. 
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

^^^^ that's some crazy chit right there!  :rolleye: