• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The 2008 Grand Fin`ale LBL Prize

Started by FinsnFur, February 23, 2008, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

It's been brought to my attention that there was one individual at this years LBL Hunt that stuck out like a sore thumb.
Well...  :confused:... the words used in that conversation, weren't "sore thumb" though.

This person has gone above and beyond the call of duty to humiliate himself time after time in front of spectators he has never met. Without absolutely any remorse.  :laf:
( I have copies of the photos now :biggrin: you know who you are.)
But besides that; ahem

He goes beyond all expectations to bring anxiety and off the wall fun to our board, day after day.
He is the first one in line to take to the boards defense, in even the most heated debates.
Sometimes the size of his pie hole gets him in trouble but the size of his heart dwarfs all thought and majorly makes up for any of it.
He continues to go completely out of his way, only to benefit someone other then himself, time after time.
He has over time become the target for many, in fun and in a wide array of subjects. But never letting any of it go to heart, this quick witted individual remains full of friendly fire.

Because ALL THAT, .......and this persons ability to bring out the best in all of us, in even the most dire situations, there's one final  LBL 08 prize that needs to be issued here.

The (very material) LBL Legendary Member Award!!

Dave?? :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

In honor of a man who I've never met, but hope to someday.  We respectfully present him with his award...

May your lanyard always be full my friend!

Troy Walter

To cool,Dave you are truly a gifted man that is unbelievable.

bigben

with that rope of death he had around his neck in the pictures i doubt his laynard is ever going to be empty but wow that is a dang nice call.  your carvings are amazing and very detailed.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Bills Custom Calls

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :yoyo: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats awesome Dave
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

Dave...........the call is awesome!!! :thumb2: Only thing that ruined it was my face, but that couldn't be helped........ :nono:

Guys, I don't know what to say...... :whew:

Who would have ever thought someone liked a guy that has ADHD........... :laf:

No seriously, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Wow. I just don't have the words.

I guess I better go to Shoney's and celebrate!!!  :roflmao: :yahoo:

I always take my responsibilities serious, but never myself........... :eyebrownod:

Luv y'all................and one last thing..........

BITE ME  for making my eyes sweat!   :biggrin: :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyotehunter_1

WOW !!!!  Now, that's just plan cool.....  I don't care you are !!!!!  :biggrin:

Maybe we should change Bop's posting statis to "Board Mascot"

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Frogman

Way to go guys, that is too cool!  :yoyo:  :highclap:  :congrats:  :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Too Cool!  Heck of a nice call!   :congrats:

Way to go, Son!  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!    :yahoo:

Dad

Nelson

Congratulations on the adward  Bop!!   :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:

That is a fine looking call!!

Nelson

HaMeR

WOW!! Who gets Congratulated 1st on this??  :shrug:

Alphabetical order I guess.  :laf:

Bopeye-- Yer a right cool fella & it's an honor to have recieved several  BITE ME's from you in my short time here!! I look forward to many more. I don't know who is luckier here. Your Family, You ,or US!! I guess we all are!!  :thumb2: :thumb2:

Dave-- That's a  :hahaha:  whale of a call you made there!! You're talented beyond most of us here & especially me.  :laf:

Jim-- Thanks for the Forum & letting me hang around with you lugnuts!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

Now I know that I am gonna hear some flack over this, but Bop is who I try to measure myself up to. When it comes to the person, you will find no better guy than him, and I know I could never eat as much as him too, but by golly there are days when I try.  :innocentwhistle:

Jim, Dave, and Bop......way to go my freinds.  :yoyo:

Silencer

that is really cool, congrats Bop, you da man !!!

HuntnCarve

Well Bop, not too many folks can "literally" say they have their face on a call.  I picked the finest piece of "Yankee" maple on which to immortalize you!  Of course I had to sneak up on it to try and carve it! LOL!  But we got the job done! -[insert "Bite me" Dave, right about here]. 
Hopefully one of these days our paths will cross.  Then it will be my treat at Shoney's.. Hell! lets make it an Applebee's!  You can even wear your lanyard, and proudly display your new "LBL Legend"Call.  We'll even invite Jim, as he was instrumental in helping set this up. 
So PM me your shipping address Bopeye, and I'll get this call on it's way home.  Congratulations!

With Best regards,

HuntnCarve
Dave

PS.  The call is actually creeping the wife and me out!  The sooner I get it on out of the state, the better! - I know, I know... "Bite me!"

coyote101

Congratulations Bopeye.   :congrats: :congrats: And way to go Jim and Dave; that's really something. :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Buckrun

Bopeye

Congrats! I was actually thinking about taking a couple days off work this year and going to LBL. But just couldn't do it. After seeing all the pictures and the videos. I was sure glad I didn't! :roflmao: :roflmao:

I am already planning on how I can get away next year. And you better be there! May be I can get some others from around the Ohio area to truck pool in with me since I don't know the way.

Hear that JD, VVarmitr!

Steve

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on February 23, 2008, 11:42:44 AM

PS.  The call is actually creeping the wife and me out!  The sooner I get it on out of the state, the better! - I know, I know... "Bite me!"

:laugh2:  :roflmao:  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 23, 2008, 02:17:47 PM
Quote from: HuntnCarve on February 23, 2008, 11:42:44 AM

:laugh2:  :roflmao:  :laf:

BITE ME JIMBO!!!   :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bob D

That is just unbelievable. Dave you are a master!! :yoyo:

possumal

That is incredible work, Dave.  You have made all our warm feelings for the Bopeye eternal.  Congrats, Bopeye!   :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff