• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

WV Guys

Started by DirtyDog, February 26, 2008, 08:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Hey WV guys, there is a pretty good possibility that I might be moving near the Martinsburg area, and I was wondering what the game is like in that part of the state? If ya don't know where it is, it is in the far Eastern corner near VA, Maryland, and kinda near PA. Licenses could get expensive this year.

cathryn

Im a girl from WV but i know they have a high red fox population over there for trapping.

Hey, you might want to consider moving to the Maryland side of the border cause our WV out of state hunting/trapping/fishing license is  cheap at only 110.00 for the combies license and that allows you to shoot one buck and trap any species of fur bearer we have and to fish.
You would have to buy stamps for bear ect... like we do but itd probably save ya money in fees.
Course i dont know, Maryland realestate is probably higher, but i hear over that way the WV land is expensive as well.

whatever you decide, good luck and happy hunting, trapping and fishing.

wv_yoter

Hey Joe, I don't know much about that area, but I hear there is a lot of fox in those parts. I think they have a good bit of bear in that area too. I'm from the Parkersburg area, which is by the Ohio River.
Jason

DirtyDog

Well if there are lots of fox, that is the only predator that haunted me this year. I am gonna stay at them, the county next to mine here is open all year for fox, so I am gonna keep trying.

Bopeye

Moving to West Virginia?  :doh2:

Just couldn't wait to be a Yank again could ya?  :laf: :nono:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Frogman

Hey Joe,
      It would b great to have another Mountaineer predator hunter.  I'm not familiar with that are.  It is about as far away from me that you can get and still be in WV.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

DirtyDog

Still not sure yet....we will see.

wv_yoter

Hey Bop, we are below the Mason  Dixon line here.  :readthis:
Jason

Bopeye

Quote from: wv_yoter on February 29, 2008, 03:46:30 PM
Hey Bop, we are below the Mason  Dixon line here.  :readthis:

That may be so, BUT West Virginia as a state was wearing blue. That's why you aren't apart of Virginia anymore, is that not correct?  :eyebrownod:

Sorry my friend, but as much as I love ya, that makes ya a dad burn blue belly and me a dad burn BIG BELLY.......... :laf:

It's just the facts and you nor I can change that.......... :wink:

Frogman

Bop,
    WV was actually a border state throughout most of the war.  People in WV were split just about down the middle in their allegiances to the North and the South.  Many just took the opportunity to be outlaws and preyed on anyone who came by.  In 1863 WV split from VA and became a state, but many still supported the South so we can claim either side.  When Morgan's raiders crossed the Oh river into Ohio near Cincinatti and raided all the way to near Martin's Ferry  on the OH side they were continuously trying to escape across the OH River to unite with their friends and allies on the WV side of the river.  So just watch who you're calling bluebellies!!!     :holdon:   :nofgr:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Bopeye

Watching who I call what is not really in my genetic makeup, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. After seeing your outfit at the LBL, I'm positive you could where a uniform that is half grey and half blue so rest at ease my friend. There's plenty of room for fence straddlers........ :roflmao: :laf:

FinsnFur

Didn't you just move? :confused: What the heck is going on?

I'm a travelin' man,  made alot of stops,  all over the world

And in every port I hold the heart of at least one lovely girl

I have a pretty Senorita,  waiting for me,  down in old Mexico

And if you're ever in Alaska   stop and see my cute little Eskimo
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 29, 2008, 08:36:33 PM

Yep......been here 2 years in April. I hate to, but if that is where my job takes me, then in this case, my pocket follows.  :sad:

MDM

i think he is in the mob or something  :innocentwhistle:

Bopeye

Quote from: mdm38401 on March 14, 2008, 07:18:49 PM

i think he is in the mob or something  :innocentwhistle:

:roflmao:   Godfather Dirty Dog.......... :huh: :whew:

DirtyDog

Say hello to my lil freind......oh wait, that was Scarface.   :doh2:

DirtyDog

Just to give you fellas an update, I know a few of you have asked. It still looks like the move is likely. I had a nice golf trip yesterday in NC with my potential boss and we talked a bit about what would come. I have to finish a project that I am working on now that will end June 2nd, and the next one will start the following week. It is that next project that will get me moved. So if any of ya know anything about Martinsburg WV, just let me know.

DD

Bills Custom Calls

I have been to Martinsburg,but thats all I can say
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

msmith

Quote from: DirtyDog on May 13, 2008, 03:29:49 PM
So if any of ya know anything about Martinsburg WV, just let me know.

DD

It is on the correct side of the state line.

QuoteSorry my friend, but as much as I love ya, that makes ya a dad burn blue belly and me a dad burn BIG BELLY..........

:laf: @ bopeye. Mine's rather large too.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

msmith

Quote from: DirtyDog on May 13, 2008, 03:29:49 PM
So if any of ya know anything about Martinsburg WV, just let me know.

DD

...and it's more spensive to live on that side of the state than on this side. DC effect.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI