• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Kettle Creek Calls - Contest Give Away!!!!

Started by bootmud, March 11, 2008, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootmud

Being new to Fins and Furs I wanted to show my thanks for the warm welcome.  I really enjoy this site and I like the atmosphere here. 

That being said I want to have a little contest, very simple idea here.  I posted a pic of the largest Pa buck that I've taken.  A few weeks after the kill myself and a friend put the tape measure to it and filled out a P&Y form and came up with a score.  This score does NOT count deductions, but I can tell you there wouldn't be many. Also it's possible the rack could have shrunk some after the measurment took place.

The score would have been figured to the 1/8 inch like P&Y does it.  So all you have to do is take your one guess and be the closest score to win the contest.  If there is a tie, (equally high and low of actural) the winner is the lower score.  After the contest is over I will announce the score that I came up with and FinsnFur will announce the winner.  Since this is his show he will settle any conflicts or problems and announce the winner.  The contest will end on the last day of March at midnight.

Now the good stuff, the prize is for a brand new predator call that I came out with a few weeks ago, the  lil Pekker. 

Coppied from my website......... www.kettlecreekcalls.com

The lil Pekker
Perfect distressed woodpekker sounds everytime!

This is NOT just a coaxer call.  The dual reeds create a fast and furious sound that will fool predators!
The lil Pekker is brand new for 2008.  Utilizing the same quality standards and top of the line crystal clear acrylic as the Backstabber this innovative predator call is just the ticket for call shy predators.   By tapping the rubber bellows on the lil Pekker on you leg, knee, gun stock, etc, you can make perfect woodpekker distress sounds everytime.  The busy sound of the lil Pekker can be made so fast and furious it'll drive the predators crazy!  You won't get out of breath and the lil Pekker won't freeze up.  I challange you to find an easier, better sounding woodpekker distress call than this.

The Buck......

The Prize..........The lil Pekker - The winner picks his color of choice.  Clear ICE, Green, or Bourbon.

Thanks,  bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Red Dog

Coulter

143 4/8...purely a guess, but what the heck :biggrin: Nice buck!!

Steve

FinsnFur

143 4/8!!!!  C'mon Steve!...what is that? :roflmao:
Isn't that like 143 1/2?

Your gonna make a fool outta me here aint ya cause I've no idea how to score Pope and Young :huh:

Curtis...I need to thank you again for the opportunity your offering the members here. I dont appreciate it since I can't win :biggrin:
But I know they do  :eyebrownod:

:wink: You know I'm heckling ya.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

George Ackley

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

coyotehunter_1

7 & 7/8"

err.... never mind.... that's Jimbo's hat size.  :doh2:  :laf:

Bootmud,
I just wanted to say that is one nice buck  :congrats:
and also thank you for putting on the give a way.  :thumb2:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

keekee

ccp2

Nelson

Silencer

all my years of huntin I've never learnt the score system  :sad: 

If these guys are saying the 150 range,

I'll have to go with 134 :eyebrow:

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bootmud

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on March 11, 2008, 10:53:38 PM
7 & 7/8"

err.... never mind.... that's Jimbo's hat size.  :doh2:  :laf:

:laf: :laf: :laf:

My pleasure guys.... Have fun with it.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

vvarmitr

138 7/8

I have no clue about rack size on hooved rats, but for one of your calls I'd guess the length of the skid mark in your britches.  :huh:  :laf:     Just as long as I don't have to be the offical measurer.   :puke:     

DirtyDog

Quote from: bnccont on March 12, 2008, 05:00:43 AM
138 1/8

damn Bill.........you took my guess.......

Ok, so how about 138 5/8.

Bob D

Troy Walter

CCP

QuoteBootmud,
I just wanted to say that is one nice buck
and also thank you for putting on the give a way. 

+1
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Ya want my address now?? Course that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the folks that aren't gonna win now is it??  :innocentwhistle:

If you have any younguns just tell them to pick me one!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bootmud

OMG, that banner "Judge My Rack" is way to cool!!!! :yoyo: :yoyo:

:highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

Great Job!  I love it. :laf: :laf: :laf:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com