• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Boys First Predator Hunt

Started by DirtyDog, March 15, 2008, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Well, I just finalized it. Goona take my 9 yr old coyote hunting in the mornin, then shooting the shotguns a bit, he has never shot anything more than a BB gun. So he is gonna shoot MDM's semi auto 20 ga. While I sight in the 12 ga turkey gun. All I gotta do is calm down his mom, she is afraid he is gonna get attacked by a coyote. That was a fun conversation.  :rolleye:

Hawks Feather

Should be a good time.  Just remember safety first and stress it to your son so that you don't have to worry or wonder in the future.  Maybe you have already worked on this.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Sounds to me you talk to much to the wife.  :innocentwhistle:

Hunting in my house is a "Don't ask and I won't tell" policy.  :biggrin:

Have fun with the boy.

iahntr

Didn't you explain to her that that was the idea to get them to attack ya,   :shrug:
that's why you bring the guns !  :eyebrow:

I'll talk to her if ya want me to.  :iroll: :innocentwhistle:
:eyebrownod:    :laf:    :roflmao:
Scott

DirtyDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on March 15, 2008, 08:12:19 PM
Should be a good time.  Just remember safety first and stress it to your son so that you don't have to worry or wonder in the future.  Maybe you have already worked on this.

Jerry

Been working with him for a few years, we went on a deer hunt last year, and will be turkey hunting in a few weeks.

KySongDog

Good luck, Joe! And have fun with your son!!   :congrats:

Semp

CCP

Alright Joe it is midday we need a report. :readthis:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Quote from: CCP on March 16, 2008, 12:00:51 PM

Alright Joe it is midday we need a report. :readthis:

My bet is that he's lost & his boy is trying to point him in the right direction!!  :roflmao: :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

No coyotes....but we still had a good time. This is only his second ever hunt, and he was as quiet as could be. Still a bit figity, but he did pretty good, I was proud. He found an old deer skull with some antlers on em, and got to see how the crows reacted to the call. Talked about safety, and the woods and so on. When it came time to shoot the 20 gauge, it about blew him over usung them turkey loads. It was kinda funny, but I guess he is not ready for that. Gonna work with the 22-250 this summer, and maybe the 20 gauge without the turkey loads in it.  :wink:

I was a proud dad today. He did good, and we all had a lot of fun. Even though shooting my gun gave me a nice little bruise on my shoulder.  :innocentwhistle:

HaMeR

:roflmao: :roflmao:  @ your bruise!!

:eyebrownod:  @ your boys 1st shot.  :biggrin: I still remember mine when I was 5 or 6.  :roflmao:

He'll grow right into it Joe!! Then you'll have a darn good hunting partner for life.  :wink: Glad you guys had fun!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Not trying to tell you what to do, but if you can find someone to load up some reduced loads for the 22-250 it might be worthwhile.  I HATE recoil of any kind and can show you an impressive flinch after just shooting one .338.  Point is, if you can get someone shooting without the thought of recoil then you can build them up to full loads.  Glad to read that you have been working on safety with your son.  There are some "out there" that just "know" that their kid will know what to do, and that isn't the case. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

I'm crackin up over this part. LOL

Quote from: iahntr on March 15, 2008, 08:33:17 PM

I'll talk to her if ya want me to.  :iroll: :innocentwhistle:
:eyebrownod:    :laf:    :roflmao:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Just tryin to help out.  :innocentwhistle:

Wasn't sure if any body caught my humor there.  :shrug:  :biggrin:

Or maybe just didn't see the humor in it.    :laf:
Scott

DirtyDog

Thats kinda what I was thinking Jerry. I have a heavy barrelled SB2 H&R that really doesn't recoil much, but I still agree that if I can work him up, it would be best. So he is getting a 22 as soon as I can come up with the spare cash.  :wink:

coyote101

Way to go DD. Keep making those memories.   :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

matt75bronco

Whatever you do, Do Not Tell Her he is the decoy!

Congrats on the hunt with your son!

Frogman

You did good taking him hunting.    :congrats:  My two boys are adults now and I can't get them to get out of bed at 4:00 AM to do a few stands with me.     :sleep:  They sure grow up quick.  Treasure every minute with them.   ;yes;

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Rprince

That's awesome DD! Glad he got to go with Dad  :yoyo: He'll remember that first trip forever.

Bring him with you the next time you come this way.

golfertrout

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet  the youngster will remember the hunt