• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Muddy Frogman

Started by Frogman, April 07, 2008, 12:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

A friend John and I did and all night hunt Saturday night 4/5/08.  We heard coyotes way off in the distance on the first two stands.  I then suggested hunting a new property I  just recently got permission to hunt near my house.  A 400 acre cattle farm along the river.  It rained hard here on Friday evening.  That becomes relevant here in a minute. 
     It was about  1:00 AM when we pulled into the farm and headed out to park near an outbuilding.  We were trying to kind of sneak in there so we had the headlights out, just the parking lights on.  Due to faulty directions from the passenger we got off the dirt road and into a soft muddy area with standing water.  We went in deep.  When I opened the passenger door and looked down the water and mud was nearly up to the floorboard.  After a couple of futile efforts to get out I was starting to wonder about the consequences of calling the landowner at 1:00 AM to have him bring his tractor to pull us out.  Loosing hunting privileges was not what I was worried most about!  We tried forward and back a couple of times.  Not happening.  Now the mud, cow shit and water was up to the floorboard,  the hitch hauler was touching the ground.  We were tearing up the farmer's field. 
     Well, maybe if I got out and used my limited strength to push and my great determination to get out of this mess, just might do the trick.  Hopefully without disturbing the landowner!  Anything is worth a try, right?  So I step out into watery mud up to the ankles of my Rockey's.  Why didn't I wear the Muck Boots???  :doh2:  John moved the vehicle forward as far as it would go.  I got in front, put my hands on the hood between the headlights, dug in the Rocky's, got my center of gravity low and all my weight ready to push.  The four wheel drive was engaged.  John had it in reverse.  The engine revved and I pushed for all I was worth.  The vehicle started to move, I pushed harder.  Mud and water, muck and cow shit were flying from the spinning front tires.  I was getting plastered even though I was between the tires.  We had some momentum.  I pushed harder and John gave it more gas.  Then for some reason he turned the wheel just a little.  He as laughing too hard afterward to give me a legitimate explanation.  I am now absorbing the full force of a highly revved 4 X 4 left front tire spewing primordial ooze, that really didn't smell very good, all over me.  The vehicle is gaining rearward momentum.  I decided my valuable and expert assistance was no longer needed.  I took a couple of steps to my right and entered the direct path of the flying mud, water, cow shit, and primordial ooze. 
     The vehicle was unstuck.  John opened the door and got out.  He commented on what great 4 wheel drive his vehicle had.  Wasn't I impressed with his considerable driving skills.  I was spitting mud, water and grit out of my mouth and trying to blink it out of my eyes.  Then I stepped in front of the headlights and he started laughing.  When I talked to him on the phone today he told me he still had a headache from laughing so hard.  I felt really sorry for the poor guy.

I had wiped some of it off by the time John decided we needed some pictures.

I really didn't see what was so funny??

I think my THO Bonker is ruined.

Oh well, I might as well grin and enjoy the moment.  I don't think John is going to quit laughing.

Since we weren't far from my house John said we might as well go home, get me cleaned up, and we should have time for a couple more stands.  "You are a hardcore coyote hunter aren't you?"  We did three more stands, heard some more dogs, saw none and had a great time.  Well, John had a great time.

The wife wasn't happy when she saw the muddy clothes.  I just hope the stink comes out.  Wait a minute, maybe I shouldn't let her wash them.  Let's be positive here.  I might have come up with a new cover scent.  I don't think even a coyote could penetrate that smell!  Plus we still haven't hunted that farm yet.  Should be easy to locate the coyotes there.  They are probably still laughing like hyenas.

I hope you guys enjoy this one half as much as John did.  It's rewarding to be able to bring a little joy and perhaps a smile to the faces our coyote hunting brethren.  I guess??    :innocentwhistle:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

:roflmao:  sorry man, I gotta laugh too !!!  :roflmao: 

Nelson

Thanks for the laugh!!!  Sorry for your misfortune, but it was a good story!!
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Nelson

msmith

:roflmao: :roflmao:

My day just started off great!  :yoyo: I just pictured myself in similar situations in the past.  :innocentwhistle:

Well...at least you guys had a good time and made some memories. That's what's important.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

KySongDog

Trust me on this one, Frogman, take your clothes to a laundry mat!  I learned a long time ago not to drag mud soaked clothes in to "she who must be obeyed's" laundry room.  You will live longer.   :roflmao:

Semp

DirtyDog

Nice work Jim........what an injustice to a bonker though, that is not funny.  :nono:

:roflmao:

possumal

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Really, Frogman, what did you expect?  Just read your user name over and over, and you will realize it was fate that you end up in that muddy, mucky, stinking mess!  You were just following your natural tendencies to live in such slop and barely be able to peep out of the water, while exclaiming "Ribot!, ribot, damn it to hell, RIBOT!!"  At least you didn't get gigged.  :laf: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

Maybe the bonker isn't ruined. Now it'll sound like a distressed rabbit stuck in the mud. :shrug: Something new!  :wo:
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

If it'll make you feel any better it hurts to laugh after the kidney stone I had the other night, & boy, am I in pain!  :laf:  :laf:  :laf:

THO Game Calls

If your call is damaged, needs refinished or a new reed, please return it to me and I will repair or replace it for free.

THO Game Calls
62 Parker St
Manchester, NH 03102

AL

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

DirtyDog

Quote from: THO Game Calls on April 07, 2008, 12:07:37 PM
If your call is damaged, needs refinished or a new reed, please return it to me and I will repair or replace it for free.

Al.......you are the man!!!!!!  :yoyo:

THO Game Calls

Nah DirtyDog - you can't put a price on entertainment like that   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao: 

Al

HaMeR

Thanks for the laugh Jim!! It came in handy today.  :wink:

I'm glad you didn't get hurt also.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

Al,
       Thanks for the kind offer.  I wiped off the Bonker with a moist wash cloth and it appears to be OK.  I may have to dip it in some Listerene before I put it back in my mouth again, but I had quite a bit of that mud in my mouth anyway so I guess what little I get off the Bonker shouldn't hurt.  My Bonker just has more character now, I think it will be fine.

Thanks,
Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

DirtyDog

Quote from: THO Game Calls on April 07, 2008, 01:24:35 PM
Nah DirtyDog - you can't put a price on entertainment like that   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao: 

Al

How true.......how true.  :nono:

THO Game Calls

OK - but if it gives you any problems just let me know.   I will take care of it for you  :)

Al

FinsnFur

You DO know that one or more of these pictures is going into the photo gallery dont you?  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Jim I think you have lost your bonkers.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
If you rode with John then you should not take your clothes in the house! That whole truck smells like a coyote. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
http://www.geocities.com/alscalls/coyote.html
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Carolina Coyote

What a great story, Thanks for sharing with us,  :laf: :laf: :laf: cc

wv_yoter

Jim, I may have to consult Dave but I think you hit that hole when we scouted that place. I'm trying not to laugh buddy, but I wish I had been there. :roflmao:
Jason

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls